Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think we’ll get less for him and Sancho than we shelled out for Mahrez. Sad to see him go as there’s no better sight than him gliding past defenders.

I can think of several better sights - Kun running through several defenders to hit the ball in the top of the net - happens a lot; one of KDB’s incredible defence splitting passes; Merlin’s midfield control. All of these we see on a regular basis unlike Sane.. Sad to see him go but he’s replaceable

Doubt he can play in the CL this term, you have to name your squad for group stage and then last 16 in advance don’t you? (Though I stand to be corrected).

This could turn into a Wayne Bridge or Tevez type Mexican standoff.

As Euro 2020 becomes Euro 2021, from having little chance Sané goes to having a good chance, provided that he gets some game time next season. From his point of view he needs to go this summer, from City’s point of view Pep isn’t interested in playing anyone that doesn’t want to stay.
As FFP is suspended at the moment we can afford to leave him on the wage bill.
I hope that Sané is told that I It’s all in Bayern’s hands, if they want him so desperately then they can pay, if they won’t then Leroy needs to bring his towel every game to keep the splinters off his arse on the bench. He missed the 2018 WC as Julian Brandt was selected ahead of him (Bayer Leverkusen to Dortmund €25m a year ago) so if he’s got any ambition at all re: CL and national team he needs to get his agent’s arse into gear.

I can see him going to Real, Juve or PSG (if his mum lets him), maybe his partner would prefer Paris.

That is pretty much how i see it, the move is now his problem, ours is adapting the good news though is, who ever comes in does not have to out do Sane, quite simply he has not been here for a year, they simply have to reopen avenues closed

I can think of several better sights - Kun running through several defenders to hit the ball in the top of the net - happens a lot; one of KDB’s incredible defence splitting passes; Merlin’s midfield control. All of these we see on a regular basis unlike Sane.. Sad to see him go but he’s replaceable

that’s a great point mate. Yes he’s dynamite at times is Leroy but only when it’s easy and he’s up for it? Winning titles last season was mainly with Leroy on the bench? Of course he had some huge pivotal moments in some games but if say Sancho or ferran Torres came in and performed to their standards then would we miss Leroy too much?

Too true mate. I'll throw Yaya in there as well on dozens of occasions.

Good luck to Leroy and thanks for the memories. He’s the first person to leave the club who we wanted to stay for years.

Remember, though, that he needs space to play in so he can get behind defenders. That’s why his best performances have tended to be against strong, attacking opposition. We only face those situations about 8 times a year so whilst he will be missed in those big games, most of the time he won’t.

My favourite memory is his winner against Liverpool. That was a hell of a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.