Real Madrid 2nd leg - how?!

Not sure that's news. UEFA were reported last week to not have decided yet.

Making them all neutral would annoy Juventus and Barcelona - Bayern are probably comfortable, but would also be at home. That's quite a lot arrayed on the opposite side to Real.
I don't think they're lobbying for all second leg ties to be played at a neutral venue. Just ours, because of the higher risk of coronavirus in the UK.

As long as they cannot score away goals then it could be fair. If they beat us by 1 goal at a neutral venue then we should progress and if they beat us by two goals then they should go through. No extra time or penalties. I’d fancy our chances like that.

If it is played at a neutral venue then this surely has to be the terms.

I don't think they're lobbying for all second leg ties to be played at a neutral venue. Just ours, because of the higher risk of coronavirus in the UK.

I had wondered, after posting. If UEFA just moved our match, that would be quite blatant.

I think they couldn't lobby for all, as that would get immediate opposition.

As the match isn't until August, it's a way off yet. However, if Spain is letting tourists in, it might be quite tricky to argue that travel here is unreasonable. And if you can fly from Stansted to Manchester as Arsenal did, it's safe to fly from Madrid.

Playing away from the Etihad might see us revert back to the tactics which worked so well in the away leg.

It might also put a bigger rocket up our arses instead of us being slightly relaxed that we already won the away game.

As long as they cannot score away goals then it could be fair. If they beat us by 1 goal at a neutral venue then we should progress and if they beat us by two goals then they should go through. No extra time or penalties. I’d fancy our chances like that.
Don’t hold your breath on that one.

It will be in the Bernabeu before we know it, joke of a decision. UEFA are desperate to knock us out, whilst I dont think we are going to be 'allowed' to win anyway, if we did and the ban is upheld next year it will be embarassing for them.

It will be in the Bernabeu before we know it, joke of a decision. UEFA are desperate to knock us out, whilst I dont think we are going to be 'allowed' to win anyway, if we did and the ban is upheld next year it will be embarassing for them.

I honestly believe we will win it, but they will try to take it off us and discredit it us when we win it. Either way I can't muster a care about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.