Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd snap hand off for £40m right now - that would be decent business in light of his contract option and the current pandemic/market correction.

Or to put it another way, £40m towards a top-class central defender who could cost north of £70m, certainly with each seller knowing how important that position is for us to fill.

It would still represent our record sale.

He doesn't want to join any other club, so our leverage isn't there.

That's the same price we paid to Schalke when I believe he had just 1 year remaining with them, City have developed him into one of the best wingers in the world. That offer is insulting.

That's the same price we paid to Schalke when I believe he had just 1 year remaining with them, City have developed him into one of the best wingers in the world. That offer is insulting.
It's not about whats insulting or not, it's about whats realistic, and whats best for the club.If £40mill is the best we can get then its better to get it and spend on the squad than not. My guess is we will get £40 mill and maybe a few add ons, to around £50 mill.

I'd snap hand off for £40m right now - that would be decent business in light of his contract option and the current pandemic/market correction.

Or to put it another way, £40m towards a top-class central defender who could cost north of £70m, certainly with each seller knowing how important that position is for us to fill.

Sell him conditional on when we are out of FA Cup and Chumps League.

Sane can change games off the bench.

That sounds like normal City. Sell our players for way under the market value and buy overpriced shite at CB.

Considering that it means he'd get a bigger signing on fee I'm not 100% sure you're correct there.

It's probably no exaggeration to suggest he is looking at a £20m signing on-fee on top of wages that are to be quadrupled.

And if we did make him run down his final year, he could easily get £50m signing bonus (as he could then play Bayern off against other clubs)

I don't care who you are, that's money to turn any head.

It's not about whats insulting or not, it's about whats realistic, and whats best for the club.If £40mill is the best we can get then its better to get it and spend on the squad than not. My guess is we will get £40 mill and maybe a few add ons, to around £50 mill.

So we just let Bayern set the price?

Leroy, after suffering the injury, just may never be the same player again. Who knows psychologically how that may affect his mindset going into tackles?
Take the money and invest in a player who wants to come here and be part of what we offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.