Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the same price we paid to Schalke when I believe he had just 1 year remaining with them, City have developed him into one of the best wingers in the world. That offer is insulting.

We are not in a position to dictate price. Of course it's insulting and Leroy has played the biggest part in that.

The horse has bolted and we just have to accept that he played his part in the trophies and be pragmatic on the financial hit.

City aren't at fault here, we have tried for the last two years to get him to sign a new five-year agreement.

Leroy, after suffering the injury, just may never be the same player again. Who knows psychologically how that may affect his mindset going into tackles?
Take the money and invest in a player who wants to come here and be part of what we offer

I don't know too many players who have come back the same after a cruciate knee ligament injury.

Perhaps Van Nistelrooy and that's it?

That's the same price we paid to Schalke when I believe he had just 1 year remaining with them, City have developed him into one of the best wingers in the world. That offer is insulting.

On your last point, Rolee, do you think we have REALLY developed him, though?

I think he is still the same player now as he was when we signed him up?

He's been part of an all-conquering team and showcased on that platform.

I still see the same kid who came from Schalke, incredible to watch in full flow but still heavily reliant on his natural talent, rather than anything Pep has tried to instill in him.

Certainly, from a defensive discipline or Pep's mantra of ball retention, he possibly got worse, as he visibly didn't seem interested in those requirements.

That's where I believe the parting of the ways has come to. Leroy knew best and didn't think he needed to buy into what Pep was telling him.

Now compare that to Sterling...

I don't know too many players who have come back the same after a cruciate knee ligament injury.

Perhaps Van Nistelrooy and that's it?
You only have to look at Mendy and Gundogen and how they struggled. This is also an argument in not playing him in the run in to the end of the season, fitness and confidence after such injury takes months and it would seem any rehab with us would only benefit Bayern

I still see the same kid who came from Schalke, incredible to watch in full flow but still heavily reliant on his natural talent, rather than anything Pep has tried to instill in him.

Certainly, from a defensive discipline or Pep's mantra of ball retention, he possibly got worse, as he visibly didn't seem interested in those requirements.

That's where I believe the parting of the ways has come to. Leroy knew best and didn't think he needed to buy into what Pep was telling him.

And lets be honest, he hasnt really played for 18 months and people are basing a lot of these judgements on flashes of brilliance he delivered a season and a half ago and more. You add his injury into that and the unknown in what that does to his style of play and we really need to get rid now for the best price we can. Sane has shown his hand now very clearly so no grey area now on if he might stay. Take 40 mil, invest in the squad and we will be a lot stronger for it next season.

Take your points but I do believe the player that finished that 17/18 season was a far cry from the player that arrived 2 years previous.

We need a left winger this summer like we needed a centreback last summer.

If we can't afford both now then I'd consider taking offers on Mahrez to fund it.

We've got three right wingers and no left wingers, with Sterling and Jesus capable of doing half a job there but we'd be far less formidable for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.