Micah Richards the pundit

Sky threw him in at the deep end a bit tonight going to him constantly as the resident black man with the “we need a black man to tell us old white men what to say” routine and he handled it very well. The loan talk just seemed like him filling airtime as they went to him too much, he’s still raw and they’d usually have 3/4/5 people together talking rather than one in the studio and one on a feed

I prefer him on the bbc though, they’ve got a more relaxed aura on there where he can have a bit more “banter” rather than trying to be tactically insightful, it suits his character a lot more

Love him. Comes across so genuine and his love of city stands out a mile, even though he sometimes tries to hide it. He has a great sense of humour, and addresses some very serious issues with insight and intelligence. Love his city old boy name dropping too!!

Micah is a breath of fresh air , he is an infectious character and he has surprised me with his knowledge of the game , about time we had a blue with a voice , Lescott & Dunne have tried but both are too introvert and tend to follow the instructions of Sky/BT of not to rock the boat.

Did a great job, especially liked the conversation between him and Souness talking about BLM.
Great from both of them.

Souness was struggling to articulate what he wanted to say during that piece. He's been a pundit a lot longer than Micah has so those posting negative comments should remember that. This is a very emotive subject and everyone is trying hard to find the right words for the right times and it's hard to always get it right. Even more so when it's live TV.

I really think there are places that sport shouldn't go and politics is one. I sympathise with Micah and all of those asked to comment because they aren't experts on the sociology of racism. They are supposed to be experts on football. Broadcasters just shouldn't go there in my opinion.

Souness was struggling to articulate what he wanted to say during that piece. He's been a pundit a lot longer than Micah has so those posting negative comments should remember that. This is a very emotive subject and everyone is trying hard to find the right words for the right times and it's hard to always get it right. Even more so when it's live TV.
I liked the fact Souness was struggling abit to find the words, but he did it anyway.
A difficult subject to approach, like you said live on air more so, but when he said “what can I do?”, I thought that said a lot about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.