#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough mate each to their own opinion and by the way I’ve played football at a decent level too. I hope you’re right on this because if he meant it then it was a special bit of play!... Going slightly off track but still on Gabby how good a career do you think he’ll have?

Im still not entirely sold on him at city. He came with a decent rep despite being so young and there were some big teams in for him, Barcelona being one if I remember correctly. So the bar was pretty high for him. Initially it looked as though he could well displace Sergio, and I have to be honest, for a time I did feel like Pep was trying to either manage Sergio out, or get him to raise his work rate. He did the later and Aguero has become a complete centre forward as a consequence, which hasn’t helped Gabby. I’d like to see him over a season as the main striker, with someone as an understudy. In that environment I think he could well thrive. He’s a born goal scorer and links up with the midfield better than Aguero. Different types of player entirely and we rarely play with 2 centre forwards so it’s not the easiest situation for him.

I’d like to keep him, and whilst still not entirely sold I do think it would be a mistake if we were to let him go at this point.

He seems like a good kid to, head is screwed on where many at his age would likely fall off.

His personality and attitude have been great, just a question of how he responds once Sergio eventually leaves.

Fair enough mate each to their own opinion and by the way I’ve played football at a decent level too. I hope you’re right on this because if he meant it then it was a special bit of play!... Going slightly off track but still on Gabby how good a career do you think he’ll have?
to be honest it was not that special. It's just the awareness vs a striker's natural instincts.

Jesus will be a world class player for City(For us any goals he scores will just be an added bonus)

we dismantled a team for 5 goals & our strikers had none. The 8 Nil Vs Watford, our strikers had none. His link-up play & off the ball movement / runs are already so perfect.
The Striker is the focal point of Pep's team, but not for goals.

Just before I leave the pass or shot debate alone, did nobody notice how far across to Gabby's side their keeper was? That may have been the biggest influence on his decision making as the ball came to him. Sounds like something Pep would tell them to look out for, considering the number of simple finish, backpost goals we score.

I think it really was an amazing pass. He was chuffed with himself after.

Gotta remember we train for scenarios, lots of them, and it will include ones like this.

He doesn’t need to look to know that someone is going to be there. In fact had there not been, the inquest would have into the reasons why not.

It’s a just a cushioned lay off into a space where someone should be and he executed it perfectly.

That’s what gave it away for me. Granted it happened to play out perfectly, so there’s an element of luck to it, but he definitely meant to play it out wide.

jesus is a predator , but he cannot hold the ball up like Kun and hasnt got his strength yet , jesus can go missing for an hour and then pop up with a couple of goals , a real match winner . It is looking like he will be the main man for the rest of the season if Kuns injury is as bad as expected , and that doesnt worry me , he will get his fair share of goals and assists.

Haha no chance that was a pass. It was a fluke misskick. Any striker passing there wants bollocking, the pass is incredibly difficult, splitting two running defenders and has a very low chance of success compared to hitting the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.