COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. He was just making it clear that going back to the way things were befire Covid-19 was not an option. Mitigation of risk is essential. Everything is a balance of risk - which it is.

Very true. Nobody has to go to the pub or the clothes shops. People can wear masks, socially distance and regularly wash their hands.

We've got an economy where probably half of the population are being supported by benefits, whether it be Furlough, Universal Credit, business grants or very low interest Bounce Back Loans. There also some people being paid to be at home to do a fraction of their usual work. There has to be a balance between health protection / public health and the economy, even though that's not ideal in a lot people's opinions.

Agree it’s a balancing act but I would be happier if prior to opening up we had testing, track and trace and widespread mask wearing in place. At the moment we have one out of three so not confident this will end well and nor it seems are the scientists.
Yeah, agree with that. How long do we wait though? It's a shit show no doubt but we couldn't go on like this.

But it’s a balancing act as people say, I’ve seen a handful of people on my newsfeed today criticise the government for not opening enough and not opening fast enough. Stating they’ve depleted all of their savings, that they’re out of a job (or can’t yet work in their self employed roles), talking about losing their houses and struggling to pay rent or feed themselves and their kids.

It's a balancing act, so when you decide to protect vulnerable people you don't turn round and take the safety net away when it's still not safe and the figures are doing better purely because the weakest targets in society are protected. If they want the non-shielded people back to work then that's choices people will have to make, the shielded group is a step too far for me. There's no balance in these measures, it's a death sentence.

"We gave you 3 months, now you're too expensive for us so que sera".

I won't forgive that stance.

It's a balancing act, so when you decide to protect vulnerable people you don't turn round and take the safety net away when it's still not safe and the figures are doing better purely because the weakest targets in society are protected. If they want the non-shielded people back to work then that's choices people will have to make, the shielded group is a step too far for me. There's no balance in these measures, it's a death sentence.

"We gave you 3 months, now you're too expensive for us so que sera".

I won't forgive that stance.
They have gone back to the beginning and the vulnerable have to fight for themselves

They have gone back to the beginning and the vulnerable have to fight for themselves
Do you not see it from another angle though?
That the vulnerable have been protected for the last nearly 4 months whilst other peoples jobs have gone down the shitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.