General transfer rumours

Check his stats, see his videos .

This guy will play for Top clubs sooner or later.

He is more skillful than Riyad imo.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/137021/Show/Saïd-Benrahma

Currently these two are worlds apart.

Since moving down south Brentford is my local football team & have been following them for years.

The assumption is correct that Benrahma is far more similar to Mahrez than say Sane & certainly would not be a like for like adjustment.

Currently Benhrama, as aluded to by another poster, tries to do too much on the ball & would infuriate Pep. Since Mahrez has arrived to City, I've seen him mature from a player that always want to take people on like a Fifa video game to now understanding the importance of space, positioning & decision making. The latter still needs some work IMO.

I've only seen rare flashes of this from Benhrama in the Championship & most of the time his tricks are successful. If he tries this in the Premiership, he will be found out unless he improves the aforementioned skills.

Perhaps the best example of my analysis of him was his most recent game against Fulham where he was pretty average, tackled & crowded out early on but persisted & ended up scoring a goal by following up the space in the penalty area. He needs to do more of this & less of the show pony stuff.

One less team for Aouar though perhaps. Surprised Juventus are pulling this sort of money out, I guess Barca are going to probably buy Pjanic and Danilo or something for 50/60m to balance the books.

Check his stats, see his videos .

This guy will play for Top clubs sooner or later.

He is more skillful than Riyad imo.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/137021/Show/Saïd-Benrahma
You asked why we're not interested. I don't doubt that he's a very good individual player, he's got a ton a tricks and flicks and can fill a YouTube highlights reel featuring 100's of them but it doesn't make him suitable for us necessarily.

For me having seen him a couple of times and having a mate who is a Brentford fan, who absolutely raves about him continually to the point of boredom, I said we wouldn't be interested because he tries tricks too often. Rather than a quick 5 yard pass, he tries to throw in a step over or trick for the sake of it, Pep hates that. If there's a purpose (e.g. Mahrez last night with the goal) then great, too often with Benrahma it's just to make him look good, in my opinion.

Expect barca to now bid massive for pjanic.
Massive profits booked by both clubs.
Doing each other favours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.