1894 Group Banner

As a Liverpool fan obviously no skin in this game....but much respect to 1894 for their time and effort to highlight the issue.
As for the design i think it was spot on as you aren't gonna get as much publicity if you just had a banner that said
"UEFA are C*NTS"....even if it is true

...And good luck at CAS

Yeah that's a fair point. Its a fine balance with something like that, you want to get a strong message across but if you go offensive you risk media censorship which defeats the object.

I thought they did a good job. It made a serious point in a humorous way and got in digs at the people who deserved it. Its a banner, its not going to change the world but it did what it set out to do and fair play to those who gave up time and money to put it together.

If the feedback from our members and from people who donated was negative we might have a problem, but we haven't. They were overwhelmingly positive about it and can visualise how it would have worked in a stadium. After all it's their money and they are our biggest critics.

Most of them would also donate again in the future. It's people who haven't donated , never tried to help with anything, never have and never will - a small vocal minority whipped up by certain people on twitter that have moaned the most.

Trying to achieve results for everyone is a tough gig. We simply don't need to do that anymore. We continue to represent whoever wishes to be represented - which is a growing body of people and for those who have disowned us, great. Try and find someone else to represent you if we aren't what you're looking for...and let us know how you get on.

If the feedback from our members and from people who donated was negative we might have a problem, but we haven't. They were overwhelmingly positive about it and can visualise how it would have worked in a stadium. After all it's their money and they are our biggest critics.

Most of them would also donate again in the future. It's people who haven't donated , never tried to help with anything, never have and never will - a small vocal minority whipped up by certain people on twitter that have moaned the most.

Trying to achieve results for everyone is a tough gig. We simply don't need to do that anymore. We continue to represent whoever wishes to be represented - which is a growing body of people and for those who have disowned us, great. Try and find someone else to represent you if we aren't what you're looking for...and let us know how you get on.

100% I would contribute again.

I think the banners are ok but I would have gone with an Animal Farm theme with the pigs in G14 shirts, Benjamin the donkey in a City shirt and the caption changed to "All clubs are equal but some clubs are more equal than others"

all-animals-are-equal-but-some-animals-are-more-equal-than-others-george-orwell-animal-farm-donald-trump-journalism-state-terrorism-domestic-terrorism-censorship-bullying-twitt.jpg

By having it referenced in the Guardian's Squires' cartoon strip it means it's made it into the wider sporting public's consciousness. I noticed someone asked Squires on twitter why Klopp was dressed in flowers but I haven't yet seen anyone asking about the version of the banner he included. That's a real positive and means that the 1894 banner has done enough to break beyond match going fans and local media - a really tough thing to achieve. Of course some continue to criticise it and we all have our own opinions of what we'd have done but the bottom line is that the 1894 group wanted maximum exposure and they've got it. In fact they've got more than they would ever have had if it had simply been shown in the stadium on match day. Job done and their aims achieved I'd say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.