Chelsea (a) pre-match thread 25/06/2020 8.15pm ko

Chelsea (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle is the bigger game. I wouldn't go too strong here, eyes on the weekend.

I think Pep may have one eye on the Liverpool game. If we can beat Chelsea then there will be a Press wankfest over a potential handing over of the Premiership crown. I'm sure with Pep's winning mentality that he would love to destroy them as the world watched on ;-)

Even if the Chelsea fans were there, I feel like we'd win this one. Our last two games have been excellent and we usually like a big match.

Mahrez was electric vs Burnley, he has to start. I assumed Foden wouldn't play this one but David surely can't start three in eight days so I could be wrong. Laporte and Sterling will probably be back in the side, Walker and Mendy likely keeping our flanks stable, Jesus buzzing around pissing off their CBs- I just feel good about this game, even though Agüero being injured absolutely sucks.

Ederson, Walker, Laporte, Fernandinho, Mendy, Rodri, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus

I wouldn't be surprised to see Foden over Gundogan!

My comment was wrt Gundo. As for them being the reason we are 20 points behind, so naive

Obviously not replacing kompany is also a big effect too And the injury to Laporte , but every time gundo and Rodri have played together we have lost it just doesn’t work , It’s happend numerous times . seeing what Foden did the other night just makes you think we could have tried him a lot more this season than play them 2 snails in midfield where we have constantly been found out. Don’t get me wrong there alright in holding midfield but you have to play one or the other not together .

Even if the Chelsea fans were there, I feel like we'd win this one. Our last two games have been excellent and we usually like a big match.

Mahrez was electric vs Burnley, he has to start. I assumed Foden wouldn't play this one but David surely can't start three in eight days so I could be wrong. Laporte and Sterling will probably be back in the side, Walker and Mendy likely keeping our flanks stable, Jesus buzzing around pissing off their CBs- I just feel good about this game, even though Agüero being injured absolutely sucks.

Ederson, Walker, Laporte, Fernandinho, Mendy, Rodri, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus

I wouldn't be surprised to see Foden over Gundogan!
The only change I would make to that is playing Gundo instead of Rodri and start Phil again.

Abrahams pace caused us problems in the home game, as usual he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo but it was worrying.

We've got more pace now with Laporte so should be all good.

Obviously not replacing kompany is also a big effect too And the injury to Laporte , but every time gundo and Rodri have played together we have lost it just doesn’t work , It’s happend numerous times . seeing what Foden did the other night just makes you think we could have tried him a lot more this season than play them 2 snails in midfield where we have constantly been found out. Don’t get me wrong there alright in holding midfield but you have to play one or the other not together .
I see where we had x wires. I wasn't referring to playing both together, simply pointing out Gundo is an excellent player. I think he will start on Thurs

I see where we had x wires. I wasn't referring to playing both together, simply pointing out Gundo is an excellent player. I think he will start on Thurs

Cracking holding midfielder gundogan , I prefer him to Rodri in that holding role , just don’t like gundo as an attacking mid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.