Burnley (h) post-match thread

Simple, it’s called ‘not putting the ball in the net’. The number of missed chances when on top in games has been criminal.

True as far as it goes, but I actually see the key problem as having been at the other end. I know that the forum is divided on this point. We always, year in year out, need a lot of chances, and score a lot of goals. We're currently on 76 goals for. We could easily — easily — make it to 90 and beyond in the last eight matches. Which is more than honourable. Do you realise that we've scored ten goals more than the dippers, but still lost 7 matches? Against their 1. To my mind, you have the key right there. It's the stupid, stupid goals that we've been leaking, which have cost us very dear. Also being astonishingly profligate with penalty misses, that I'll grant you. We can talk about not replacing Vin (with who, by the way?), we can talk about the disaster of Aymeric's injury (which nobody could have foreseen, not even Pep), all that's been talked about at great length on this forum. We can talk about the whys and wherefores. But the fact is our defence has been very shaky — the two Wolves games showed how much, to cite just those, although Norwich also is a disgraceful result, in retrospect — and that's what cost us the title, even more than missing chances at the other end. I'm aware that the two matches against Tottenham should have been 6 points in the bag with something to spare. True, we missed a shed load of chances in both of them, and overran Tottenham for most of both matches. But we also leaked four goals.
By the end of the 2011-12 season, we had conceded 29 goals. The defence was rock solid. By the end of the 2013-14 season, we had conceded 37. By the end of the Centurions season we had conceded 27. Last season we conceded 23 (which is mad, although it has to be said the dippers conceded one fewer). This season, with eight matches still to go, we've already conceded 31.
With the emergence of Eric Garcia who I believe is the real deal, (he's young, but he's got an old head on his shoulders) and the return of Aymeric Laporte, hopefully, we can look forward to a brighter future next season, in defence. We need another top class central defender, for sure, and we can just pray that John Stones will find the form that has deserted him (he was bloody good during the Centurions season, people need reminding of that, but it's true that he never looks reliable these days). We also need Mendy to finally get clear of his injury problems, because Zin is not really more than a stop gap full back, if the truth be told. (Angeliño just doesn't seem to cut it, unfortunately, and anyway, haven't Leipzig got an option to buy?) A big if about Mendy, admittedly. I'm somewhat less worried about the other side.

I have just watched it again because Another poster was arguing that he was replying to the presenter. He wasn't, he mentioned a loan first. That is why I responded so strongly. I agree it may have been the producer in his ear. However he is employed for his views, and i can only judge on what he says, rather than what a producer may have said. .
I was also upset as a poster said i had an issue with Micah, couldn't be further from the truth, he spoke well about racism.
As you said talking about a loan is part of an agenda, Micah bringing that topic up, and commenting on it, didn't exactly nip it in the bud.
If that was me that upset you i can only apologise, but 2 posts slagging the lad seemed abit strong too me.

If that was me that upset you i can only apologise, but 2 posts slagging the lad seemed abit strong too me.[/QUOTE

No, my posts reported facts. The lad brought up the issue of a loan not the presenter.
Anyone who did that and then tried to discuss it as an issue would have got the same from me. Usually it is a journo, or Sky, in this case it was an ex player.
Micah talked very well about other aspects and i have felt very moved when he has talked about racist issues in a very personal way.
I think he is trying to forge a career for himself and in a position where Sky may take advantage of him by initiating certain anti City topics.
But the idea of Foden going out on loan, and discussing it , is either a wind up or plain stupid either way.
I also think you were being protective of one of our own

Of course i was being protective. That's what we do isn't it?
I don't pay much attention to pundits but when i saw Micah pop up i thought i'd listen. he was very engaging, had a bit of a laugh and gave Foden high praise throughout the match. I'm presuming the loan comments were after match 'cos i'd turned off by then? And yes, it's a ridiculous idea.
You yourself have belatedly said he talked very well about other things, and moved you as well. Surely when hitting the thread you could mention all the good things about his performance instead of piling in with a negative take?

The man who was responsible for the "white lives matter" banner flown above a football game has been sacked from his job at an engineering firm.
Burnley supporter Jake Hepple, 24, was dismissed from Lancashire-based Paradigm Precision on Wednesday.

According to Sky News sports correspondent Martha Kelner, his girlfriend has also had her employment terminated in relation to posts she made on social media

https://news.sky.com/story/burnley-...ves-matter-stunt-sacked-from-his-job-12014075

Seen a pic of him with Tommy robinson,no doubt what he is about

If that was me that upset you i can only apologise, but 2 posts slagging the lad seemed abit strong too me.
Of course i was being protective. That's what we do isn't it?
I don't pay much attention to pundits but when i saw Micah pop up i thought i'd listen. he was very engaging, had a bit of a laugh and gave Foden high praise throughout the match. I'm presuming the loan comments were after match 'cos i'd turned off by then? And yes, it's a ridiculous idea.
You yourself have belatedly said he talked very well about other things, and moved you as well. Surely when hitting the thread you could mention all the good things about his performance instead of piling in with a negative take?

I was watching live, I posted at the same time.
I had just watched a brilliant performance by Phil Foden, and Micah Richards prompted or not decided to initiate a discussion about him going on loan.
I watched it again to confirm I was correct, those that said he was answering a question from a presenter were wrong.

The man who was responsible for the "white lives matter" banner flown above a football game has been sacked from his job at an engineering firm.
Burnley supporter Jake Hepple, 24, was dismissed from Lancashire-based Paradigm Precision on Wednesday.

Yes there is a lot about it on Facebook and Twitter. People saying his company was wrong to sack him, it was freedom of speech and so on.
But what I dont get whilst people say his banner wasnt offensive, the bloke himself and his girlfriend are racists and he himself is a member of the Burnley hooligan firm suicide squad.
So I wont shed no tears for him , yet on social media people are up in arms about it .weird.

According to Sky News sports correspondent Martha Kelner, his girlfriend has also had her employment terminated in relation to posts she made on social media

https://news.sky.com/story/burnley-...ves-matter-stunt-sacked-from-his-job-12014075

Seen a pic of him with Tommy robinson,no doubt what he is about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.