Can using a mouse damage your index finger?

Big Swifty

I prefer to use a mouse for my laptop, which involves repetitive use of my index finger. Of late it has begun to feel very sore if I bend it (the finger, not the mouse).
At first I suspected arthritis, but I am wondering if it is down to overuse of clicking via the mouse. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? Repetitive strain injury?

I prefer to use a mouse for my laptop, which involves repetitive use of my index finger. Of late it has begun to feel very sore if I bend it (the finger, not the mouse).
At first I suspected arthritis, but I am wondering if it is down to overuse of clicking via the mouse. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? Repetitive strain injury?

first rule is always, always use a hamster.

If you gaffa tape said mouse to a claw hammer, then repeatedly strike your index finger with it, that will fuck it up. Similarly, if you cover it in acid and then run your index finger over it, you will experience pain and flesh loss to the affected area.

I didnt believe it either. Boy do I feel stupid.

Sounds like “trigger finger”, do you play consoles too?

I had it a few years ago, bit of rest and it improved over 4-5 days then returned to normal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.