Kalidou Koulibaly

Exactly. Diaz has a new release clause around £80m.

Way too expensive for someone that is unproven coming from the sub standard Portuguese league. It has the potential to be a massive disaster, see Mangala.
At least with Koulibaly that risk is much, much lower, you pay a lot but you get one of the best CBs in the world, proven at top level and in Europe.
Yep Portuguese league is a bigger gamble than Italian league player who also shines in champs league v dippers etc!

If true, the decision to go with Dias over Koulibaly will be as much to do with an unwillingness to be drawn into the de Laurentiis circus allover again - which has seen us waste a huge amount of time and energy on a player twice before (Cavani and Jorginho), only for that absolute clown to indulge his penchant for the theatrical flourish, and publicly try and make a mockery over us - thereby somehow enhancing his personal brand as a major player in football politics.

I still recall a ludicrous press conference de Laurentiis called back in 2012 to announce Cavani's contact extension, when he started out by saying he was sad to announce that Cavani was leaving to the 'cold city of Manchester', and there was a plane outside waiting to take him away - only for Cavani to announce there and then he was staying and signing a new deal. Oh how we laughed!

And then in 2018, the same guy caused us to waste our whole summer pissing around trying to sign Jorginho, with various statements saying it was almost done - only to announce the plan all along was to sell both him and Sarri to Chelsea, with another snide dig about how Jorginho just didn't fancy moving to 'cold Manchester' after all - leaving us short in a position which Pep had identified as a priority for that summer.

The guy is a fucking clown, and I fully support the club giving all that shit a swerve for the third time, and going for a player and a club we can actually deal with. However good Koulibaly is, he isn't worth getting stung by de Laurentiis' raging ego a third summer over.

Last edited:
I live in Italy now. Money is FUCKED over here. Like damn near all economic sectors. Di Laurentiis I reckon is gonna be a little bit less of a piece of crap this time around.

I’m hearing city are preparing to spend big on a Centre back, however the centre back at Benfica Dias Is first choice and not koulibaly, city don’t want to waste time negotiating with Napoli As they are miles apart in the price for him .
City also believe they will be able to get Alaba also as part of the swap for sane.
Would appreciate not getting slagged of for sharing the information I’ve been informed.
Would it be a staright swap with alaba or cash aswell,cheers

I live in Italy now. Money is FUCKED over here. Like damn near all economic sectors. Di Laurentiis I reckon is gonna be a little bit less of a piece of crap this time around.

Frankly, I wouldn't waste the time finding out - going back to that circus for the third time, when he's already played us twice before, would look like reckless negligence at best and alarming naivety completely unbefitting a professionally run organisation at worst.

Leave him to play his games with some other idiot this time round.

Exactly. Diaz has a new release clause around £80m.

Way too expensive for someone that is unproven coming from the sub standard Portuguese league. It has the potential to be a massive disaster, see Mangala.
At least with Koulibaly that risk is much, much lower, you pay a lot but you get one of the best CBs in the world, proven at top level and in Europe.
Free sports is showing the Portuguese league every night Diaz does not look like a £30 million player, as for Koulibaly he has been touted to everyone and will probably end up at Newcastle, i would rather have Dunk

This is it for me. Would be a good deal. Doubt it'll happen, but if it could that'd be a good deal for everyone.

I think 60 plus otta would be more like it. All the cash straight away would be better for them. United and dippers etc will be trying to stage payment as they aren’t cash rich. We are cash rich, and that could be useful in ffp to lower transfer fees a little.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.