Stephen Ireland

Good interview with him in The Athletic today. Some typically bizarre Stephen Ireland tales in there! A few highlights...

My one and only Stephen Ireland story:

The grandkids of a mate of mine wanted a dog so their Dad said that if they earnt the money to get one they could have it. They decided to wash cars and knocked on a couple of doors. They came to Stephen Ireland's house, as he lived in the area, and knocked on his door and he let them wash his car. They got chatting and the story about what they were doing came out. When they finished he asked how much they still had to raise and they told him £85 - so he gave them the lot and off they went!

I remember attending the Barcelona friendly, when the ball never seemed to leave City's area, and somehow we won 1-0, despite Barca missing numerous chances, and hitting the woodwork.

It was almost a bigger robbery than the one I suffered on La Rambla, the previous night, but if Ireland thinks he was the best player on the pitch, then who am I to argue?

I remember attending the Barcelona friendly, when the ball never seemed to leave City's area, and somehow we won 1-0, despite Barca missing numerous chances, and hitting the woodwork.

It was almost a bigger robbery than the one I suffered on La Rambla, the previous night, but if Ireland thinks he was the best player on the pitch, then who am I to argue?

If you have not been robbed on La Rambla you might as well not bother saying you have been to Barca. It would be like going to Rome and not visiting the Colosseum or Berlin and Checkpoint Charlie. It is a must do.

Great trip that one. Fantastic sitting in the beach bars beforehand.

If you have not been robbed on La Rambla you might as well not bother saying you have been to Barca. It would be like going to Rome and not visiting the Colosseum or Berlin and Checkpoint Charlie. It is a must do.

You should add that as thing on trip adviser.

I gave the wife a 50 Euro note outside a bar in a side street just off La Rambla so that she could browse the shops while I had a beer. Off she went and I went in the bar and ordered said beer. Before it had been poured the wife was back, " that 50 Euro note has been taken out of my bag" less than 2 minutes after I gave it her !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.