Stephen Ireland

All tourist areas are rife with pickpockets. It matters not one jot where you are in the world.

Has Superman retired now? I remember reading that he went to Bolton but that didn't work out a couple of years back He's still pretty young.

I remember attending the Barcelona friendly, when the ball never seemed to leave City's area, and somehow we won 1-0, despite Barca missing numerous chances, and hitting the woodwork.

It was almost a bigger robbery than the one I suffered on La Rambla, the previous night, but if Ireland thinks he was the best player on the pitch, then who am I to argue?
Actually I remember, albeit after a few Estrellas, that he was excellent on the night. Ireland was capable of brilliance. I thought he was one of the best youngsters I had ever seen at City when I watched him in the youth team. I honestly thought he and Michael Johnson would both be greats for City. They both had their moments, and Ireland did play at international level. But, as someone has already said, what singles out the true greats in all sports is not just their skill but their mental strength. Less skilful players than Ireland and Johnson have won Premier Leagues but it's what it's in your head that really matters at the highest level.

Berlin for me. Fourth trip tomorrow and I’ve never had an issue.

I’ve been to Seville for Sevilla Away plus Malaga twice. That’s it for Spain. I don’t see the mass appeal as it can get too hot there.

I have a little draw string bag that I carry stuff in. Maybe stick my wallet and phone in there.

I personally think Spain is a great place and along with the climate has world class attractions, great food and fantastic open spaces in all major cities.

As for the weather its is not a prerequisite you have to visit in summer. I went to Seville in December, 15 plus degrees during the day, glorious sunshine and a perfect antidote to the winter blues.

I think you just need to be sensible

I gave the wife a 50 Euro note outside a bar in a side street just off La Rambla so that she could browse the shops while I had a beer. Off she went and I went in the bar and ordered said beer. Before it had been poured the wife was back, " that 50 Euro note has been taken out of my bag" less than 2 minutes after I gave it her !!!
She told you that? And you believed her? Riiight.

;-)

You think there are tourist areas around the world where pickpockets don’t operate?
Bless.
Of course some are worse than others but that’s not the point I made.

You said ‘all tourist areas are rife with pickpockets’. It matters not one jot where you are in the world’

No arguments pickpockets operate around the globe, but it does matter where you are as the incidence and likelihood of being a victim varies dependent on your location.

Put it this way I would be more cautious on Las Ramblas rather than at Salisbury or Winchester Cathedral.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.