Anyone else glad Wimbledon's cancelled?

There are some fantastic tennis matches. Couldn't care less who watches it, I wouldn't want to go but I do get hooked into some games though I'm not really a fan as such.

What's happened to sport, education and hospitality is a real shame. My son just left university. No last party with his flatmates. No party with his lecturers which is a tradition apparently. No graduation ceremony. It's all very flat and I really feel for him.

One of the best things about leaving primary school was the fantastic leavers' assembly the school put on. I remember my lad's like it was yesterday. People will miss out on this memory and it's very sad.

So, no. I'm not glad it's cancelled. Just because OP doesn't like it doesn't mean a lot of people do not a lot of get joy from it.

Hear hear

My old boss was convinced I liked tennis as I politely listened to them talk about Wimbledon after I first started working for her.

That meant I had to smile and nod for hours during Wimbledon fortnight as she went on about it. I had no interest whatsoever but had to go along with it for the sake of paying the mortgage.

My old boss was convinced I liked tennis as I politely listened to them talk about Wimbledon after I first started working for her.

That meant I had to smile and nod for hours during Wimbledon fortnight as she went on about it. I had no interest whatsoever but had to go along with it for the sake of paying the mortgage.
Was she ace enough to give her some love deuce?

Always liked Gabrielle sabatini growing up but it's the doubles and especially the mixed doubles are so poncy. Every single point the players have to shake hands or high five and they're always watched by middle class snobs with stupid hats who live in leafy areas where there's a village fete every weekend and the local police station sees as much action as edersons goal these last 2 matches

When I was ten I owned a wooden Winfield tennis racquet. When I was seventeen I had a Sergio Tacchini tennis shirt. I have quaffed Robinson's barley water. That's the limit of tennis in my life.
I had a Bjorn Borg racket as I was dead good at tennis. Football then took over and tennis took a back seat.

My brother on the other hand won the school cup as a first year. Meaning an 11 year old beat a 15/16 year old. He was bloody good, had a coach, played for the county and then found Kraftwerk and other German music, mainly industrial, and turned away from sport.

I had a Bjorn Borg racket as I was dead good at tennis. Football then took over and tennis took a back seat.

My brother on the other hand won the school cup as a first year. Meaning an 11 year old beat a 15/16 year old. He was bloody good, had a coach, played for the county and then found Kraftwerk and other German music, mainly industrial, and turned away from sport.
Jesus Christ. There’s two of you?

Andre Agassi final against Ivanisevic in 92 stands out in my mind - artful base player against a serve and volley player - was delighted for him oh and I liked his wife Brooke Shields in the Blue Lagoon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.