Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard Danny Murphy call them the greatest premier league team, not sure about that, even Klopp said last week after the Arsenal game that he couldn't understand how they were 22 points ahead of us. Yes they have played well but we haven't helped ourselves this season and that's not taking into account injuries and VAR.
We can play better next season not sure if they can or will

I think Liverpool have definitely had some favourable decisions, and won points that their performances may not necessarily have merited. Claiming they don’t deserve this title is ridiculous though. It makes you look like a parody of yourself. There’s no shame in accepting that another team were better than us this season.
I’m always quite objective when it comes to the outcome of a season and this season, as you allude to, was one of favourable decisions. Blues may object to them winning the title on these grounds but you have to ask if they would be so far ahead. Again, objectively, you’d have to say that they probably wouldn’t, especially when you think that just 2 games could give an eight point swing.

What I find interesting about this season is specifically about those favourable decisions where it looks like it’s only about Liverpool winning the title, but also about expunging that great Centurion season from the books.

Even last season, we seen an extraordinary amount of decisions go for Liverpool which were, by the regulations we play to, clearly wrong. That gave the league the edge that the PL want but the reality was that it seemed quite contrived. Now, all of a sudden, Liverpool have progressed so much that they could be on to break the majority of records including one that has never been seen apart from us) in PL history. Have they really been that good?

Yes, they have done well and thoroughly deserve their title, but I think the main angst with City fans is how the system seems to have been manipulated to erase all that we have achieved over this period whilst having to scrap for every single point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.