Kalidou Koulibaly

Is that even possible anymore? We're Man City. If we wanted a promising RB from Espanyol now, they'd see its us, and ask for £30m.

Just disheartening, I mean look at Robertson at Liverpool. 7 million. We should be looking at the relegated teams every year and seeing if theres quality. Norwich especially have plenty; Buendia, Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey, Cantwell. Of course we'll pay the Man City tax, but honestly would rather be taking risks on players we see week in week out in the Prem rather than random names from across Europe who become stars through twitter highlight videos and FIFA cards.

Just disheartening, I mean look at Robertson at Liverpool. 7 million. We should be looking at the relegated teams every year and seeing if theres quality. Norwich especially have plenty; Buendia, Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey, Cantwell. Of course we'll pay the Man City tax, but honestly would rather be taking risks on players we see week in week out in the Prem rather than random names from across Europe who become stars through twitter highlight videos and FIFA cards.
we signed Zinchenko at 19 years old for £1.5m
Philippe Sandler was signed at 21 years old for £2.5m

we rarely ever sign any English "Emerging Talents" for our first team since Pep got here.

"Emerging Talents" are the Cheap Young Prospects we sign that have the potential to reach our first team, but we send them out on loan first because they are too old for the academy.

we rarely ever target English talents for those type of signings. we target mostly U17 English talent for our academy.

we signed Zinchenko at 19 years old for £1.5m
Philippe Sandler was signed at 21 years old for £2.5m

we rarely ever sign any English "Emerging Talents" for our first team since Pep got here.

"Emerging Talents" are the Cheap Young Prospects we sign that have the potential to reach our first team, but we send them out on loan first because they are too old for the academy.

we rarely ever target English talents for those type of signings. we target mostly U17 English talent for our academy.

If we don't start signing more English talents and don't bring through the young lads then we're gonna be done for with the home-grown rules, especially if they start changing them too.

If we don't start signing more English talents and don't bring through the young lads then we're gonna be done for with the home-grown rules, especially if they start changing them too.
we target mostly U17 English talent. Rarely any that are older, for good reasons too.

Homegrown quota is not a problem for us anymore. It was only last summer that it caused problem.

we target mostly U17 English talent. Rarely any that are older, for good reasons too.

Homegrown quota is not a problem for us anymore. It was only last summer that it caused problem.

Let's just hope the club keeping bringing through talents like we've seen with Foden and I'm pretty Garcia is classed as HG from next season too.

I confess I don’t know anything about Koulibaly as I don’t remember ever seeing him play. Having said that, am I the only one who thinks £70m (if that’s the true figure) is absolutely ridiculous for a 29 year old. We would get two, maybe three years out of him at best.

I think we can do better than that.

I confess I don’t know anything about Koulibaly as I don’t remember ever seeing him play. Having said that, am I the only one who thinks £70m (if that’s the true figure) is absolutely ridiculous for a 29 year old. We would get two, maybe three years out of him at best.

I think that's the idea. Sam Lee has said in different articles this year that Pep wants an established experienced CB with quality to replace Kompany and play along side Laporte. Someone that's 'ready to go' and doesn't need time to settle in domestic and European football. He would likely replace Otamendi, with Stones and Garcia as rotation. I'd be quite happy with that personally. Players of Koulibaly's quality at his prime will carry a premium with little re-sale value but they add value on the pitch. I'd expect us to buy a younger defender if Stones leaves as well.

No. Between £50 and £70 million seems standard these days for a top player and he’d eliminate THE problem position for us. Rest him or Eric for cup matches and games against the Bournemouth and Villa standard clubs to give Garcia experience. Sell Stones or Otamendi to free up a place and wages. Job done.

We paid 30mil for Fernandinho and so far over 5 years of world class service. I don't particularly rate Koulibaily but I wont be complaining about the fee if he gives us the same service Fernan has.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.