Kalidou Koulibaly

If we're bringing in someone of this caliber and for this fee then it would make sense to sell both Stones and Otamendi to try to recoup some of the money and then bring back Tosin, who's been performing excellently on loan at Blackburn.

Centre back options of Laporte, Koulibaly, Fernandinho, Garcia and Tosin would be a perfect balance in my opinion.

I confess I don’t know anything about Koulibaly as I don’t remember ever seeing him play. Having said that, am I the only one who thinks £70m (if that’s the true figure) is absolutely ridiculous for a 29 year old. We would get two, maybe three years out of him at best.

I think we can do better than that.

Van Dijk is also 29 years old in a couple of weeks, he’s also one of the best in the world as is Koulibaly.

I confess I don’t know anything about Koulibaly as I don’t remember ever seeing him play. Having said that, am I the only one who thinks £70m (if that’s the true figure) is absolutely ridiculous for a 29 year old. We would get two, maybe three years out of him at best.

I think we can do better than that.

You think CB's are done at 32?

He's got no injury history, If he's top class I don't see why he wouldn't still be top level at 34/35 like Fernandinho, Ramos, Pique, Carvalho, Terry, Puyol, Maldini, Nesta etc. etc.

Phil Foden

Rodrigo
Gundogan

De Bruyne OR Bernardo

when is the last time Fernandinho played DM?

Foden will very easily over take Gundogan in the pecking order for attacking midfielder.
Gundogan will quickly become a bench player as a back up DM, like the first half of the 18/19 season. He didn't want to resign because of that.

Midfield is as much of a priority as Centre-Back.

Midfield attacking options - 2 positions

KDB - 28
Foden - 20
Bernardo - 23
Gündogan - 29

Midfield defensive - 1 position

Rodri - 23
Gündogan - 29
Fernandinho - 34

we’re good here for 2-3 years. How is this in anyway a priority position?

No. Between £50 and £70 million seems standard these days for a top player and he’d eliminate THE problem position for us. Rest him or Eric for cup matches and games against the Bournemouth and Villa standard clubs to give Garcia experience. Sell Stones or Otamendi to free up a place and wages. Job done.

Exactly. Stones and Otamendi both need to go.

signing Koulibaly is perfect because it locks up the right sided CB position for a few years. Gives us the best CB pairing in Europe. Also gives a clear pathway for Garcia, Taylor H.B. and Tosin. Brilliant move.

Midfield attacking options - 2 positions

KDB - 28
Foden - 20
Bernardo - 23
Gündogan - 29

Midfield defensive - 1 position

Rodri - 23
Gündogan - 29
Fernandinho - 34

we’re good here for 2-3 years. How is this in anyway a priority position?
Fernandinho is now a centre back. He won't be going back to midfield and think this will be his last year. Gundogan is only a defensive midfield option to rotate with Rodri, he may go this summer, if not probably the summer after.

Too much money at an advanced football age. Our strategy is there for a reason and it's designed to sign quality players at a younger age for a sizeable fee, and keep them over the majority of their career.

If we can get him for much less than what's being quotes, by all means. Otherwise, we're going to be a lot better off in the long run getting a high quality player between 20-25 for the same price or slightly more.

Exactly. Stones and Otamendi both need to go.

signing Koulibaly is perfect because it locks up the right sided CB position for a few years. Gives us the best CB pairing in Europe. Also gives a clear pathway for Garcia, Taylor H.B. and Tosin. Brilliant move.

Tosin will be 23 in September mate - not sure if he can be grouped with a bunch of guys in their teens.

Too much money at an advanced football age. Our strategy is there for a reason and it's designed to sign quality players at a younger age for a sizeable fee, and keep them over the majority of their career.

If we can get him for much less than what's being quotes, by all means. Otherwise, we're going to be a lot better off in the long run getting a high quality player between 20-25 for the same price or slightly more.

Tosin will be 23 in September mate - not sure if he can be grouped with a bunch of guys in their teens.

would you take van Dijk if we were offered him for 90million tomorrow?

would you take van Dijk if we were offered him for 90million tomorrow?

No, and for the exact reason I've described. When you have a strategy that's proven to work and work well, you don't panic and veer away from it the minute results don't go your way.

CB is not the main issue here - it's the protection from the midfield. It usually generally is whenever we have defensive issues. Buying an expensive CB will not address our problems that have arisen this season.

You think CB's are done at 32?

He's got no injury history, If he's top class I don't see why he wouldn't still be top level at 34/35 like Fernandinho, Ramos, Pique, Carvalho, Terry, Puyol, Maldini, Nesta etc. etc.

He's been injured twice this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.