Match Thread | Chelsea vs Man City (25/06/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't want full backs who can 'defend' though do we. We want full backs who offer a threat going forwards.
But we have enough attacking threat from the forwards and midfield anyway, otherwise just play Sterling, Mahrez or somebody there if it’s not important how they defend

I think any player can make that sort of mistake considering the situation at the moment. He was pretty good his first game back and has put some decent crosses in tonight too.
Actually he made two mistakes there, pass and then making a stupid tackle to let opponent go 1vs1

Gundogan and Rodri seems redundant imo. Play one or the other not both, neither can take the ball and go forward like Kevin or Phil.

It's really weird, but like we really need Phil Foden.

He's played very well on the whole and just had a communication breakdown with Gundogan, pretty much the kind of stupid error youd expect after 3 months off.

It doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things, he'll be judged at the end of the season by Pep & co. with regards to being good enough to be the LB.
I wouldn’t expect that kind of error after a year off, never mind 3 months. And let’s not pretend he made one error there, he follows it up by dangling a leg in and completely selling himself. He should have been staying with Pulisic, allowing support to get back. Yet he gift wraps a clear run at goal. People need to stop finding excuses for him. After several years, there no longer are any.

Mendy is atrocious He has never ever convinced me that he is good enough..not before his injury and not since. They guy cannot defend.

Gundogan has got to be one of he slowest midfielders ive seen running back towards is own goal since Paul Bosvelt and Gary Megson!

I serioulsy hope both are gone soon but I cant see Pep doing it as he seems to have a real thing for Gundogan esp
We signed Mendy from a team who we’d just scored 5 against

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.