Bernardo Silva - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about Bernabe for the first part. Bernabe has played a few minutes here and there, no real first team game time and it doesn't look like a spot is going to open up for him to get such game time. I would sanction a loan move. As for Doyle, he's different in my view, being a year younger and aiming next season to be leading the academy teams with more opportunities given to him throughout the season. Cup games, off the bench in the league and CL. Like I literally said in my previous post.

I think Bernabe could do with a loan to a Championship side, I think he needs regular senior game time to develop that bit further, especially being a bit smaller and less physical, time away from the academy and at a senior side could really help him with that side of his game. I don't think thats controversial to say at all.

Tommy Doyle was born Oct 2001
Bernabé was born May 2001
So how exactly is Doyle different lol?

Players Like Phil Foden & Tommy Doyle "do not need regular senior game time to develop that bit further, even with them being a bit smaller and less physical"... Unlike some of our other academy players? Is that basically What are you saying lol?

In Summary:
Bernabé made his first team debut before Doyle
They are both 2001 born
Foden & Bernabé have the same size & body type/frame
Bernabé needs a loan to develop
Doyle does not need a loan to develop
Foden does not need a loan to develop

I have a hard time understanding your Logic.

Last edited:
I don't get why you keep purposefully misunderstanding my point.

Foden - does not need a loan, has proven he can hold his own at City and should be starting more regularly next season (10-15 PL starts, off bench in most others for meaningful minutes as benchmark)

Doyle - Similar path to Foden in 18/19 - most cup games, limited minutes in PL but still available for the EDS considering he's one of their leaders.

Bernabe - loan due to the lack of available minutes after Foden and Doyle get their increases, especially if we add Aouar in the mix, when will Bernabe play? I think a loan will be really useful to make that step up.

You probably could loan Doyle instead of Bernabe, or both. But keeping both, and having Foden step up as well as another midfielder joining like Aouar will severely restrict the minutes available to Doyle and Bernabe which is not good for their development.

short version: I DO NOT think Foden needs a loan. I think Bernabe would benefit most from a loan to help him adjust further to the more physical demands of English football. I think Doyle is best suited staying here and playing irregularly a la Foden in 18/19 whilst being available for the academy. I do not think there are enough minutes available for Doyle and Bernabe to both get meaningful game time if there is Foden, Aouar, KDB, Bernardo and potentially even Gundo still being here available.

The big drop in performance level you speak of is down to one thing.A lack of energy/burnout.
Last season he played a major part in City winning 4 titles,and then helped Portugal win the nations cup during the summer.
Then....he was the first person to report back for pre season training for City.
The physiological effect of the Media witch hunt/racism row ,all drawn out in public,over many many weeks ,imo damaged the player further.
There is no way such a gifted ,supremely talented foptballer was gonna come back from all that and simply repeat that high level of football.
There is/was too much football being played at the top level....Bernardo Silva put his heart into last season,and was,imo,running on empty this.
Not sure who to blame for this,but its not the player.Somebody,somewhere should have been aware of his fatigue.A Great player,but only human.

Love him as a player but he was heading for 2 very average seasons and one very good season out of 3. For his ability he should be achieving more and the excuses only last so long.

Love him as a player but he was heading for 2 very average seasons and one very good season out of 3. For his ability he should be achieving more and the excuses only last so long.

Another one - along with Gundogan - who absorbs a lot of minutes off the bench that the likes of Foden and Braaf could/can have, and neither justify it.

He didn't get many mentions in commentary but he was involved in most of our best moves and he bagged 2 assists. I do feel there is another gear to find for Bernardo but I'm always happy to see his name on the team sheet, personally.

Been the biggest disappointment this season. Was genuinely a different level last season and our best player by a long way and now is just totally anonymous in most of our games.

His season sums us up overall with 8 defeats in the league. 1 very good season and 2 very average ones out of 3. Shouldn’t be holding Foden back any longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.