Chelsea (a) post-match thread

It’s funny, don’t you think, that Pep values his attributes to the team, yet that would mean he is pathetic.

Things that make you go...Hmmm...!
He is a huge drop off from dinho. Good enough for 70% of the league but chocolate fire guard against the good teams. Have you ever seen him turn with the ball? He gets open, receives it from the cb and then passes it straight back to them. He is weak.

It seems we usually don't analyse the performance, we analyse the result.
When the team wins, we praise everyone
When the team loses, we try to find as many scape goats as possible.

Our performance was typical, we controlled the game with 65% possession away from home but we conceded from counter attacks/ individual ( bad luck ) errors.

How many big games have we controlled and lost it in counter attacks ?
How many times have we created big chances tonight ?

How many times did Sterling dribbled past their full backs or created anything ?
Actually our front 3 were useless tonight.

If I am going to blame anyone for the game, I will blame Pep first for :

1- Starting Rodri + Gundogan together even though their record together is clearly bad and not working
2- Not starting Jesus
3- Not using Sane

It seems we usually don't analyse the performance, we analyse the result.
When the team wins, we praise everyone
When the team loses, we try to find as many scape goats as possible.

Our performance was typical, we controlled the game with 65% possession away from home but we conceded from counter attacks/ individual ( bad luck ) errors.

How many big games have we controlled and lost it in counter attacks ?
How many times have we created big chances tonight ?

How many times did Sterling dribbled past their full backs or created anything ?
Actually our front 3 were useless tonight.

If I am going to blame anyone for the game, I will blame Pep first for :

1- Starting Rodri + Gundogan together even though their record together is clearly bad and not working
2- Not starting Jesus
3- Not using Sane
I don’t think Sane is going too be used very much. His intentions are clear. Can’t see Pep having many problems in not using him

Our midfield is a much bigger problem than our defence. Kompany often said defending in a Pep team is the toughest gig there is. That gig got even tougher this season because Rodri is simply not mobile enough to offer the protection Ferna did.

Our midfield is a much bigger problem than our defence. Kompany often said defending in a Pep team is the toughest gig there is. That gig got even tougher this season because Rodri is simply not mobile enough to offer the protection Ferna did.

If we fix the midfield, it'll fix the defence. That's something we should well know by now after our recent history.

You cannot place a glacier/s there and expect to not leak goals. Doesn't happen.

He is a huge drop off from dinho. Good enough for 70% of the league but chocolate fire guard against the good teams. Have you ever seen him turn with the ball? He gets open, receives it from the cb and then passes it straight back to them. He is weak.
I can’t help you, mate. If you can’t see what he does, then I simply can’t help you.

As another poster said, if we lose, everyone throws their toys out of the prom and the usual suspects get the blame.

Sterling scores the fast break, game changes completely and no one whining.

This season was lost after Kompany departed and the brain trust decided the back line was going to be OK with one - yes one - good player and a bunch of head cases.

Brilliant!

The truth of the matter is our squad only came back for a chance to win the CL. And after Aguero went out they know that’s not going to happen. And it showed today.

Get ready for more of the same. We lose to Newcastle this weekend.

I can’t help you, mate. If you can’t see what he does, then I simply can’t help you.

As another poster said, if we lose, everyone throws their toys out of the prom and the usual suspects get the blame.

Sterling scores the fast break, game changes completely and no one whining.
I can see exactly what he does, pass it safely backwards or sideways. Against Poor teams he can be more progressive as the whole game is in Front of him. As soon as we play a team that presses he bottles it.

if I think back to our most impressive performances in tough matches, more often than not he wasn’t playing.

however, I don’t think he was the problem tonight. Him and Rodri does not work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.