Forgotten Clubs

Man united, used to win quite a few trophies back in the day, heard fuck all since barely even see them reach top 4 these days? Must of had something to do with the big bad wolf leaving

Boavista were one of the biggest disappearing acts tbh. When I was a kid, they were a proper club, always in Europe it seemed, became only the second team outside the big 3 in Portugal to ever win the league, while rocking the best home kit in football. Then they lost all their players, got relegated due to match fixing and bankruptcy and then got stuck in the lower leagues for years.

Then a few years ago, randomly managed to get their match fixing relegation overturned and got brought back to the top flight on a legal technicality after about a decade in semi-pro leagues. Needless to say there squad was not quite top flight standard but they've hung in there and have re-cemented themselves in the top flight, while still having the best kit in the business.

Boavista+FC+1970-71.jpg

Bradford Park Avenue, Barrow, Workington and Southport were all in the league when I first started going.

My boss is from Bradford and his dad used to go to Park Avenue, when they went bust he just started going to Bradford City.

I don’t think I’d go anywhere near the Rags if City went bust.

My boss is from Bradford and his dad used to go to Park Avenue, when they went bust he just started going to Bradford City.

I don’t think I’d go anywhere near the Rags if City went bust.

Went BPA with Darlington last season. They should have been relegated to NLN but got a reprieve due to COVID-19 and subsequent league early finish.

South Shields should have come up and have taken the FA to court but lost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.