Chelsea (a) post-match thread

One silver lining the gap between Chelsea and the rags is a nice 5 pts.

Nothing to say really. The red card killed us, we looked alright but we got one eye on the fa cup and the champions league.

Thank fuck it's over.

Am I the only one who thinks we have a better chance at overturning the ban if the rags finish 4th. UEFA won't want its premier competition played once again without those rags.

I knew it was a mistake turning the tv on this morning. Full love in has started, red Sally is inside Anfield. So far we have a family interviewed and Millner and Robertson also, in full Liverpool kit. What a shit year 2020 is turning out to be and we have six months left!

On another night we could have come away with three or four goals and there were a couple of nice bits but that was it.

That being said, we are absolutely toss as a defensive unit and Pep still thinks starting Rodri and Gundogan together is a smart move.

We shot ourselves in the foot once again and that shit needs to be stamped out this summer. I'm bored of watching us "dominate" 90% of our games and only to get brushed aside at nearly every attack.

We're like a Chihuahua that just barks and barks and barks and barks and then gets absolutely flattened by anyone who doesn't run away with their tail between their legs.

Not holding out hope for the FA Cup or Champions League because we simply don't have the quality as a unit and we've not had the mentality of winners since Kompany left.

best thing tonight is KDB goal. not much else to say other than thank god that's over

but manchester city are still league cup winners still in the FA cup and in champions league so nobody can be down because liverpool won the title tonight ? i will say this lets see BT-sports get behind the only club in the champions league manchester city from now on. i remember last season it was all liverpool even thou spurs was still in it even in the final it was liverpool and fuck spurs

Chelsea fan very much here in peace.

Had there been any chance that you winning last night would have put pressure on Liverpool then perhaps my feelings may have been different but at this point in time our focus rightly has to be all about us so as you will no doubt appreciate I am delighted with the three points.

I despise Liverpool with a passion the city, the stadium but above all the supporters. But it would be churlish to not acknowledge how good they are and congratulate them on what is a remarkable season.

The three games in such a short period clearly hurt you but what was key was travelling to London without the normal sort of preparations that top footballers have become used to.Add to that the baking temperatures and of course the pace of the game.

Again it would be churlish not to acknowledge the quality of your play but from a Chelsea perspective I thought we did well and whilst I cant believe that Sterling or Mahrez didn’t score the same could very much be said for Mount and Walkers clearance off the line shouldn’t be forgotten.

Your team and squad has been something else the quality of your play over the last few years has been breathtaking but the loss of Kompany hasn’t been addressed and when you look at the ages of some of your stalwarts you do wonder at which point the powers that be at your club start the massive squad overhaul that will be needed.

Thats not a criticism it’s just reality age waits for no man and all that.That said Foden looks to have been managed incredibly well and is a rare talent so losing Silva probably won’t be felt the same as the impact losing Kompany has had on you.

The reason I linked the above post was just to make the point that at this point in time Chelsea are still in this seasons CL and yes I know that we are 3-0 down in the tie with Bayern but as we all know anything can happen in football.I thought it ironic that the poster rightly levelled criticism at BT but made the same error themselves

Be safe and best wishes going forward.

On another night we could have come away with three or four goals and there were a couple of nice bits but that was it.

That being said, we are absolutely toss as a defensive unit and Pep still thinks starting Rodri and Gundogan together is a smart move.

We shot ourselves in the foot once again and that shit needs to be stamped out this summer. I'm bored of watching us "dominate" 90% of our games and only to get brushed aside at nearly every attack.

We're like a Chihuahua that just barks and barks and barks and barks and then gets absolutely flattened by anyone who doesn't run away with their tail between their legs.

Not holding out hope for the FA Cup or Champions League because we simply don't have the quality as a unit and we've not had the mentality of winners since Kompany left.

I’m not bored of winning trophies if we have a brain fart some games so be it, it’s about winning trophies and that what pep record shoes he does playing this way.

We need to hit the refresh button on the team. Too many of them have either become complacent or just incapable of hitting form. At this point the only players safe from the axe are Kevin, Laporte, Foden, and Ederson. Even if were to miraculously win the CL, we need to change up the squad. The problem is that we might not get that chance if our ban remains.

I’m not bored of winning trophies if we have a brain fart some games so be it, it’s about winning trophies and that what pep record shoes he does playing this way.

I love our football. Long may it continue.

this massive over haul needed by some on here seems a bit ott.i think we need 3 players a top centre back and a top left back and a forward who can play across the front three.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.