Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very good player. Passes forward. Intercepts occasionally.

No slight on him but I’d have taken Thomas Partey off Atletico’s hands instead of Rodri. I feel like the team could do with a pacey, athletic and physical DM. Especially with how the team plays.

Rodri is still settling in. Hopefully, he has a better second season. He won’t become faster or attain certain attributes people would like in a DM but we can only wish him well.

People need to realise that he alot of the time he defends in midfield on his own. Kev always drifts out to the right and Dave/Gundogan don't press with much intensity and are very easy to bypass.

He's been good and will get better

Hasn‘t been as impressive as hoped. But far too early to write him off.
Certainly think he‘s suffered from the whole team‘s (relative) struggles. Had he been dropped into our 17/18 side, with Delph and Walker tucked in alongside him, Kompany and Otamendi high behind, and the whole team pressing aggressively from the front, I dare say he would have shone. At the moment though, our press is poor, and our defensive shape in transitions horrible. And this exposes his lack of mobility.

really cant see why he`s a whipping boy this season??

Maybe because hes currently our 3rd best CDM but seemingly 1st choice? We have watched the best in the Prem in that position for the past few years and now we are watching Rodri, it is night and day. His best performances have come against utter dross and in games we have struggled in, he has looked like a little lost puppy in the middle of the park.

I hope its 1st season bedding in but it concerns me that so far, he appears far more akin to the likes of Javi Garcia and Fernando (slow, neat and tidy, negative, meh) than Fernandinho. He has to hit the ground running next year because v Liverpool we have very little margin for error. We don't want to get 3 months into next season wishing Fern was back at CDM.

Maybe because hes currently our 3rd best CDM but seemingly 1st choice? We have watched the best in the Prem in that position for the past few years and now we are watching Rodri, it is night and day. His best performances have come against utter dross and in games we have struggled in, he has looked like a little lost puppy in the middle of the park.

I hope its 1st season bedding in but it concerns me that so far, he appears far more akin to the likes of Javi Garcia and Fernando (slow, neat and tidy, negative, meh) than Fernandinho. He has to hit the ground running next year because v Liverpool we have very little margin for error. We don't want to get 3 months into next season wishing Fern was back at CDM.

fernandinho is 35 though and it showed last night imo.

fernandinho is 35 though and it showed last night imo.

It will do with him having nobody behind him. I dont remember too many 35 year old centre backs excelling in the Prem, never mind a 35 year old who is a midfielder. I would hazard a guess that he is still faster than Rodri and Gundogan and would be currently better than either of them in the CDM position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.