COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We broke 40k new cases today! USA USA USA!!!!!

Also, Dumb Donald filed a brief w/ the Supreme Court to take away healthcare from 20 million Americans.

I meant weakening as in potency to kill. Clearly is still very infectious. The ratio of deaths to infections has markedly improved.
I'd imagine the fact that it's already killed a shit ton of the most vulnerable people in care homes has a large impact on that. Sweden absolutely fucked up their care home protection early on, like we did, so sorting that out is probably the largest factor in the death rate going down.

65000 people dead and he's still using language like "show some guts". The same empty bluster from months ago when he was talking about "taking it on the chin." The dickhead has learned nothing and chooses to do nothing. It's criminal.
I agree with your use of the word criminal.

Over 50 percent of deaths are in the most vulnerable category and one can only speculate why he wants more of the same.

Those 'illegal ravers' should have juts put a few Liverpool shirts on and told police they were 'celebrating through the night', as that seems acceptable

Well it is acceptable as far as the PM is concerned. Apparently we just need to show some guts.

Directing anger at the public is pointless when our leaders have washed their hands of it. Even little things like stopping the press conferences at the same time as announcing the pubs are reopening has added to the perception that this is over.

Well it is acceptable as far as the PM is concerned. Apparently we just need to show some guts.

Directing anger at the public is pointless when our leaders have washed their hands of it. Even little things like stopping the press conferences at the same time as announcing the pubs are reopening has added to the perception that this is over.
Agreed but......surely people don't always have to be sheep, maybe showing a little common sense and taking ownership of one's own behaviour can help too

Agreed but......surely people don't always have to be sheep, maybe showing a little common sense and taking ownership of one's own behaviour can help too

I do agree with that to an extent. And for my part I have stayed home. People do need to take responsibility for their actions. But, there's clearly a lack of leadership on it and it's just human nature for people to start looking to eachother and forming their own judgements using their own distorted logic. It can start sliding out of control once that happens. This is why we have leaders and we desperately need them to step up and put out a strong message at times like this.

I've been locking down with elderly parents (who ironically have both tested positive this week) so its been quite easy for me to take the decision to take lock down seriously and not look for loopholes to justify stretching rules. There's always been too much at stake for me to do anything else. I've been angry at the scenes on beaches etc but ultimately, I don't believe that we're so hugely unique to people in other European countries that it explains this behaviour. The problem is with the message being sent out to us by our leaders.

Our leaders are also being blatantly dishonest with people about the effectiveness of the testing and tracing infrastructure. They're acting like spread is being managed. Stuff like this is incorrectly informing people's decision making.

I'm in an awful position now though where I'm taking care of two sick parents and terrified that one of them could deteriorate at any time. It's so frustrating when I see the government stepping back and acting like they're done with it when I've seen how my dad nipping out on one errand has turned out. Popping up now and again to say "hey remember to distance" isn't enough.

Scottish data just in.

Zero deaths. And not at weekend. First time that has occurred since 20 March.

Last Friday they reported 6

17 new cases (it was 27 last Friday). Nicola Sturgeon reports the % in Scotland testing positive is now 'well below 1% every day and was 0.3% yesterday').

4042 now discharged from hospital.

823 in hospital (- 3) - it was 904 last Friday.

17 in ICU (-1) - it was 19 last Friday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.