Chelsea (a) post-match thread

At the moment we are far too pedestrian, it showed how devastating we can be when we play at pace, when Sterling nearly scored. The rest of the game we are just far too slow allowing the other team to regroup, I hate comparing is to the dippers but the speed they move the ball they are devastating, the transition is what gets teams on the hop. We have the ability to play both types of game unlike them, slow build up and fast be we hardly use the latter for some reason.
We definitely need a defensive coach, Mendy looked like an amateur last night, I’d have Zinchenko over him there anyway personally. We need to get a centre forward and centre half as priority, the false 9 does not work, there is no focal point for the team, Sterling was completely wasted last night, nobody seemed to know where to play.
It will between us and them twats again next year and hopefully every team will play their cup final against them like we’ve had the past 3 seasons, Chelsea have strengthened and I see them pushing on in the next few seasons, the rags I’m nit worried about whilst Oles at the wheel.

I don’t know, and I’m asking cos I didn’t watch the game earlier, which I’m assuming you did. You posted comments on the game and I was interested to see what context the manager would give to the critical comments you’ve made post match, that’s all.

I watched the game...lots of great posession, grwar foorball, no goal threat and lack of creativitt. ....snd once chelsea started to press and get in our faces we crumbled...on particular gundogan....def penalty...not fernas fault....Mendy absolutely woeful again. Mahrez doing very little as well and sterling man marked out of the game.. walker played ok and kdb tried to work his magic but couldnt...in the end we got what we deserve.....nothing

Gundogan and Rodri just don't work together, whenever they play the other team just seems to bypass them and break at will exposing the CB's

We replaced one of the best DM's the PL has seen with the Spanish Matic and the best CB the Prems seen with a 34 year old defensive midfielder, was always going to be a struggle

Whereas it's sickening to have those whose name I shall not say finally be crowned I think there is a lot of over reaction on BM today. Last night we had spells in the match where we were fantastic - the movement and passing were superb. Kev scored a wonder of a goal and the two goals conceded were from errors. The only thing missing was that final pass from Raheem in what would have been one of the best counter goals ever scored.

We all know missing Laporte was a major problem given that Vinny left - and, I believe it was the right time for him to leave on a high. The only way Vinny would ever leave. If - as I believe will happen - we win our CAS appeal, the team only needs a bit of tinkering not the rebuild some are calling for. The development of Foden & Garcia, the fact that Rodri has had a year to bed in and Laporte finally being fit are the major pluses so far this season. Defensively however, I do agree, we get exposed by pace and last night showed that - not in the goals because they were as a result of errors, but for a spell after Abraham came on we looked slow and all over the place. Otamendi and Mendy are not mobile enough after injury and simply getting old respectively. They both dive in by not having pace to recover. This is where we need to recruit well. Our midfield is more than ok for next year. Finally, we must have a plan to replace Kun. I'm sure all the above is already ongoing and Pep may even have a surprise or two with who leaves and who comes in. I will say though we do not have the right to win it every single year and the fact that the PL is the most competitive highlights how pathetic the UEFA case against us is.

I will go on record here to say we will win the title next year. We just have to suck up the vomit inducing love in for the greatest ever team that will happen now! There will be specials, interviews, famous fans all being paraded out for months. If we can win the CL that will help so don't give up just yet and remember we have the best manager & support team in modern football. Maybe, just maybe, them winning it may turn out to be a good thing and those heady feelings we all had at 93:20 will return in spades.

Our season in a nutshell, not taking our chances and gifting the opposition goals. We can’t expect to win the league every year and we shouldn’t expect it, I just hope we get our mentality back with the pressure of not having to defend a title and really push on next year in the league.

Whereas it's sickening to have those whose name I shall not say finally be crowned I think there is a lot of over reaction on BM today. Last night we had spells in the match where we were fantastic - the movement and passing were superb. Kev scored a wonder of a goal and the two goals conceded were from errors. The only thing missing was that final pass from Raheem in what would have been one of the best counter goals ever scored.

We all know missing Laporte was a major problem given that Vinny left - and, I believe it was the right time for him to leave on a high. The only way Vinny would ever leave. If - as I believe will happen - we win our CAS appeal, the team only needs a bit of tinkering not the rebuild some are calling for. The development of Foden & Garcia, the fact that Rodri has had a year to bed in and Laporte finally being fit are the major pluses so far this season. Defensively however, I do agree, we get exposed by pace and last night showed that - not in the goals because they were as a result of errors, but for a spell after Abraham came on we looked slow and all over the place. Otamendi and Mendy are not mobile enough after injury and simply getting old respectively. They both dive in by not having pace to recover. This is where we need to recruit well. Our midfield is more than ok for next year. Finally, we must have a plan to replace Kun. I'm sure all the above is already ongoing and Pep may even have a surprise or two with who leaves and who comes in. I will say though we do not have the right to win it every single year and the fact that the PL is the most competitive highlights how pathetic the UEFA case against us is.

I will go on record here to say we will win the title next year. We just have to suck up the vomit inducing love in for the greatest ever team that will happen now! There will be specials, interviews, famous fans all being paraded out for months. If we can win the CL that will help so don't give up just yet and remember we have the best manager & support team in modern football. Maybe, just maybe, them winning it may turn out to be a good thing and those heady feelings we all had at 93:20 will return in spades.
Good post, pretty much agree with every word.

Think we need to keep things in perspective, we had three months off then three games in a week with lots more to come. It was also blisteringly hot, on another day Raz would have scored and we would have won comfortably. Shit happens.

Think we need to keep things in perspective, we had three months off then three games in a week with lots more to come. It was also blisteringly hot, on another day Raz would have scored and we would have won comfortably. Shit happens.

Too sensible for the knee-jerkers on here. They don't do mitigating circumstances.

City were great to watch, as usual. I dream of the day I can watch Chelsea play the sort of instinctive, one-touch football you lot play. We parked the bus for long periods, looking t counter attack when the opportunity presented itself, so it's not difficult to understand why City struggled to create, especially in the first half.

I'm not sure if a Rhodri/Gundogan pivot works, having destroyer/energy-bunny in the Kante mould might be the thing that gets the best out of Rhodri. I don't think the team requires major surgery, but a couple of additions in key areas would help.

I hope we get to battle with you for the title next season. I've missed being in a title fight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.