Summer Transfers

after last season we yet again failed to improve the squad in the right areas! Rodri will prove to be an excellent signing imo but not getting a world class CB and LB was utterly brainless!

Grimaldo From Benfica would be a nice addition for LB. Sad that there’s not even a rumor.

I honestly don’t know why we aren’t going after aubameyang. He has 12 months left on his contract so wouldn’t cost a great deal, has unbelievable pace and can play LW as well as offers another goal threat through the middle.

Personally see him as an ideal replacement for sane He would score so many goals for us playing lw.

Whoever we move for, we shouldn't fall into the trap of waiting for the market to settle. Others are moving now and we need to get our number one targets in each case this time around.

The complication of the cas decision should be the only factor holding us back. After that we need to go for it. A footballing left back with pace, centre back and possibly another attacking option. Defensive midfielder could be an issue too, though we may get away with it if fernandinho remains capable for one more season.

The ideal situation for me would be Alaba, Koulibaly and Havertz or Martinez. Dreamland most likely but, if we got €40m for Sane, €10m for Angleinho, lesser fees but save on wages for bravo and otamendi (the latter I'd keep for a year if he was willing) then we'd potentially be looking at an outlay of €150m but for 3 world class players.

The core of the team remains very capable. We just need that extra class in depth to take us back up to the top tier of our performances more regularly.

after last season we yet again failed to improve the squad in the right areas! Rodri will prove to be an excellent signing imo but not getting a world class CB and LB was utterly brainless!

agreed.

We have one great CB, Laporte. The rest range from always injured to average. We have an injury prone LB whose back up is a midfielder.

Everyone is saying don’t sign a midfielder but with Dave leaving. Our midfield isn’t exactly so strong. We are one De Bruyne injury away from having midfield options of Rodri, Gundogan, Foden, Bernardo. Not exactly great is it. 4 options for 3 positions.

In attack, now with Aguero injured. We have only Jesus but according to Pep Bernardo, Sterling and Gundogan can play there. Bernardo was a failure there last night, I think if I saw Gundogan as false 9, I would have to turn off the match.

And with Bravo leaving, we also need a new back up goalkeeper. Do we bring back Steffen? Firstly he was a starter in Germany and secondly he suffered a serious injury.

We need at least 2 top quality signings if we want to compete next season.

It will depend on the CL ban verdict as to what we do and who we get. If it is upheld I can’t see any of the big names wanting to come.

We desperately need a good CB and left back though. They are must haves. Virtually all of our defeats have been due to sloppy play at the back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.