Chelsea (a) post-match thread

Check the midfield pairing in all our defeats this season, its no coincidence

I think that's too easy and doesn't reflect our biggest problems,
clownery at the back and poor conversion rate upfront.
Midfield can't help much there.

I love City's Pep-style football for the high quality ball touch and the art of opening deep defences.

We just have to learn that we have to be more compact at the back against top teams,
and I thought we already have been at that point. Not last night though.

Well, last night could have looked well different if something was on the cards, so I won't moan and let Liverpool have their 1st PL title. I'll closely watch how they defend the pot next season and if other teams still waste sitter after sitter while opponent keepers do howlers.

33/21: we conceded 57% more PL goals than the new English champion
who insists in not being part of England - btw, how does that work?

great post matey and respect

yeah its been a funny season in all ? and 2019/2020 season will be written into the record books as liverpool champions and you can not take it away from them. manchester city have been poor in the premier league haha well if finishing 2nd is poor. but our lack of options at the back with laporte injury and playing fernandinho there ? well lets say other teams targeted him as the weak link and rightly so

the top 5 teams have to build to catch liverpool next season and chelsea will be the one to watch out for. you are 2 or 3 players of being champions again and i mean that. a striker and a good centre back and a bit of luck and your there

as for champions league this season and you turning it around in munich ? well lets say your right you are still in it and anything can happen. but you know your onions matey ? sorry celery hahaha. your out and just playing for pride but i wish you well

Hey I very very much doubt that we will come back from 0-3 but ,and heres the point ,Bayern will have not played a competitive game for around a month come the time will play then add to that they almost certainly will be going into the game thinking it’s just a formality.
Oh by the way the tooth fairy visited me last night!

Hey I very very much doubt that we will come back from 0-3 but ,and heres the point ,Bayern will have not played a competitive game for around a month come the time will play then add to that they almost certainly will be going into the game thinking it’s just a formality.
Oh by the way the tooth fairy visited me last night!

hahahaah i tried that once
its was the (tooth fairy visited me last night) but the mrs never believed me when she found her knickers under the bed

Poor first half in probably very humid conditions, If Raz had scored we'd have won 3/4-1 as it is he didn't.

League was over anyway thanks to Pigmol & VAR, 100% concentrate on the cups now.

Many defeats follow Pep heavily rotating the squad.
We start comfortably moving sweetly but not threatening ,miss a couple of chances a non league player would notch. The opposition absorb early pressure then push forward ,our defence panics ,midfield evaporates and we lose a game we should have won (AGAIN).
What worries me is that Pep seems unable to fix those recurring faults. If the worlds's best coach cannot fix it it maybe the personnel are wrong.
This nonsense has led to increasing defeats by the rags which I can never shrug off.

A squad that has won eight of the last ten domestic titles is suddenly shit after losing a game that nobody appeared interested in even playing. These games were all about getting ready for FA Cup and CL as top four was never in doubt and it’s unlikely we will give up second spot. A few tweaks here and there and we will be ready for next season. Can all those knee jerkers go back to supporting whoever they supported pre 2008.

Haha, well none of us on here think they were great to watch, mate! But there's an over-reaction going on, no question.
Re. battling it out for the title. I do fear that both of us are a fair way behind the dippers, honestly. Their back four and keeper are the strongest thing about them, and it's a very young unit that could go on for years. They're pretty useful up front, too. I hate to say it, but it's the truth. Their weakest area is their midfield, but Klopp's understood that they don't really need it. They play over the top, and down the wings. And they do it with fearsome effectiveness.

You're probably right, in fairness. I'm essentially hanging my hat on the fact that we'll a couple more (of the right) signings and then hit the ground running next season and then hope that Liverpool don't react well to being put under pressure to win every game. It feels like a pipe dream at the minute, but you never know :)

Save for Foden, I look at our midfielders and see a lack of genuine pace, particularly when running back to our goal. A preference for possession has meant that we have fewer younger players that can cover the yards quickly enough, and that was as evident last year as it has been this. Would like to think a couple of younger midfielders would be bought to address this weakness, but I rather doubt that will happen.
The lack of pace is the issue. As we have all said you can't play Rodhri and Gundo together (both good players but not in a combination). Ferdy is slowing down as well. We get outpaced in midfield. It also looks like Mendy has lost some pace with his injury. Our style of play only works with pace. We need a fast centre back, another quick left back, probably a striker as well to replace Sergio. It's not rocket science nor is it a total re-build.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.