Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This fella is up there as the worse money we have ever spent. He's clumsy and clueless to boot. The injury that kept him out so long was because he tried to tackle with his wrong foot, and last night's shambles proves he has a pair of wrong feet to choose from. Even after his part in the 1st Chelsea goal, he is so unaware of his own stupidity that he just stands there with an inane grin. Who the hell scouted him God only knows, but he needs giving away because he is garbage.

Is it just me or did he put in a few good crosses that either Jesus or Aguero would have scored?

Fuck up between him and Gundogan, I put the blame on Gundogan to be honest. He moved so fucking slow to get the ball with no pressure on him its no wonder Mendy came across.

It's always been a pet peeve of mine when players whip in crosses when there isn't anyone in the box. Mendy just seems to hit the ball as hard as he can into the box having absolutely no target in mind. I do blame Gundogan too simply because he tried to let Mendy deal with the situation. Being instructed twice to go out wide wasn't clear enough indication for Mendy it seems.

Ultimately, there's been nothing to suggest we're a better side with Mendy on the pitch. He's been an absolute howler of a signing and why we saw fit to sign a player who's ball retention and concentration levels are so poor is beyond me.

Is it just me or did he put in a few good crosses that either Jesus or Aguero would have scored?

Fuck up between him and Gundogan, I put the blame on Gundogan to be honest. He moved so fucking slow to get the ball with no pressure on him its no wonder Mendy came across.

Looked more Mendy’s fault for me as Gündogan was pointing to him where to go. Misunderstandings happen though sometimes even with good players. So the bigger mistake for me was after that when he stupidly dived in with his wrong foot instead of jockeying or trying to hold up Pulisic.

Aleks is/was ten times the player Mendy is
Slightly exaggerating there Karen. Kolarov brilliant going forward, good free kick taker but an utter shite defender. Where as Mendy can put in a good cross and defensively is suspect but a better defender than Kolarov still imo.

Slightly exaggerating there Karen. Kolarov brilliant going forward, good free kick taker but an utter shite defender. Where as Mendy can put in a good cross and defensively is suspect but a better defender than Kolarov still imo.
Big difference,aleks has a brain,endless crosses to nobody is not useful

Tackling with his wrong leg, you would have thought he’d learnt a lesson as this how he injured his knee for us in the first place

Mendy was one of those signings that isn't going work. To say hes so cocksure on social media and then looks like a scared little lad on the pitch
during a game. i want every signing of city's to be a success but that isn't always possible. Its a shame but don't think we'll see Mendy the Monaco
player that we paid top dollar for in a city shirt improving. To give the lad some due its probably all down to his injuries that have messed with his head he just doesn't seem 100% there in a game hence stupid mistakes following him around.Messed up big time at Wolves when we had been the better team with 10 men and last night i was thinking what sort of a flimsy attempt of a tackle was that after already fucking it up with Gundogan

He makes Kolarov look like Maldini...

I had such high hopes for Mendy and him being hurt and unable to play just made him that much better. Awful display every time he plays, has he ever had a good game for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.