UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be reckless for City to buy Koulibaly for €80m (a crazy fee for a 29 year old in a post Covid environment) without knowing they were in the CL next season. I'd put good money that they won't. If it does happen, I think we can join the dots.
I don’t see it that way. Worse come to worse we get banned. We still need to build a team that will be capable of taking the Premiership back next season. With the defence we have now we have no chance.
So a solid investment of a player this quality makes sense. Yes he is 29. Still has 5 or six years left. 10-12m per season for one of the best 5 cb in the world is a no brainer

I don’t see it that way. Worse come to worse we get banned. We still need to build a team that will be capable of taking the Premiership back next season. With the defence we have now we have no chance.
So a solid investment of a player this quality makes sense. Yes he is 29. Still has 5 or six years left. 10-12m per season for one of the best 5 cb in the world is a no brainer

€80m equals £72M divided by five years is over £14 million a year
Add to that £150k a week wages (£7.8M) and the player is costing nearly £22M per season

Paying huge sums for player in their prime or past it should be an absolute no no

Can’t see a 29 year old of Koulibaly ‘s quality signing for a team banned from the C/L, so regardless of the money side doubt we could get him without knowing.

It would be reckless for City to buy Koulibaly for €80m (a crazy fee for a 29 year old in a post Covid environment) without knowing they were in the CL next season. I'd put good money that they won't. If it does happen, I think we can join the dots.

you don’t think we will sign him?

€80m equals £72M divided by five years is over £14 million a year
Add to that £150k a week wages (£7.8M) and the player is costing nearly £22M per season

Paying huge sums for player in their prime or past it should be an absolute no no
We need a player in their prime. We don't need someone who will be in their prime in 3 years. We need to win the league next year - and we need a top class centre half in their prime to do that

Wednesday marks 3 weeks since the end of the hearing. I can’t see us having to wait too much longer for the outcome. CAS said first half of July so that could be as early as Wednesday itself.

Didnt they say the date of the decision would be given a few days in advance?

I think they will announce the date on Fri (3rd) and then the decision following Fri (10th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.