Squad rebuilding ongoing

leighton

Its crazy to see that our Spine that has won us so many titles is now coming to the end. Kompany gone this season. Silva on his way Fernandhino and Aguero soon to go. The club Pep have to get everything right. To finish this season behind Liverpool in the form they have shown wont be bad. When you factor the long term injuries we had. Liverpool got that amount of time without VVD they would struggle like we have done. Also loosing Sane before a ball was kicked in the league that electric option to have over the season to go to would of also helped us close the gap. We were poor. Some poor defensive shambles at times but when we got it right we blew everyone away.

We aint far away a defender who defends to play beside Laporte please. Also look at getting a Sane replacement and longer term a replacement for Kuns goals. There may well be more going if UEFA screw us over but fingers crossed that wont happen. I honestly feel this squad next season will have a point to prove and will close the gap and we will be there or abouts as always. Were far from finished with what we already have some minor work to the squad will get us closer. Let Liverpool have there day in the Sun we will be back stronger than ever next season.

I think we're a couple of transfer windows away from challenging them again imho.
Why ? We need to improve by about 15 points. A fit Laporte and 2 or 3 good signings should improve us by 15 points. Liverpool won’t repeat a 100 point season next year. We’ll challenge next year for sure.

Why ? We need to improve by about 15 points. A fit Laporte and 2 or 3 good signings should improve us by 15 points. Liverpool won’t repeat a 100 point season next year. We’ll challenge next year for sure.

to be fair I thought last time they wouldn’t put 97 points on the board again

Three top class players needed minimum. A CB to partner Laporte, starting LB and a natural LW to replace Sane. Those are the big requirements.

Ideally would like us to bring in a DM, but don't think Gundogan will leave.

A bit off tinkering around the rest of the squad should be fine, replacing those who leave.

to be fair I thought last time they wouldn’t put 97 points on the board again
So did I but they’ve done 97, and probably 100 plus. We’ve seen how difficult a third season is, not to mention retaining the title. with the same 11 almost. They might do it again but isn’t much we can do about them apart from 6 points. All we can do is get the hunger back, make the right 2 or 3 buys and aim for 95/ 100 so a 15 point improvement points if we do that think we’ll win it , we’ll definitely challenge for it. Don’t need to wait 2 or 3 windows.

will pep get the chance to build another team ? will he want to stay on after next season ? will city just patch up the glaring gap in defence and have one last season under pep ? big questions must be asked before the rebuild ?

i get the feeling new players will only come to city this summer if pep is hanging around for 2 to 3 years more. city have a young enough squad and some great talent in the youth like tommy doyle to work with long term. but the glaring GAP in the defence need rebuilding this summer and can not be put off for another season. also a main striker to add some power and challenge to jesus and aguero

mbappe striker
koulibaly defender

just go and get them and watch the rest just fall apart next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.