COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm..
Two men have been stabbed in a rave at Leysdown beach in Kent.
Police were called as hundreds of people partied on the Isle of Sheppey beach last night during the heatwave

Sky

Erm..
Two men have been stabbed in a rave at Leysdown beach in Kent.
Police were called as hundreds of people partied on the Isle of Sheppey beach last night during the heatwave

Sky
we really are fucked as a nation aren't we.

Looking at recent figures in countries such as France, Germany, Spain... And other EU countries who've handled it pretty well up until now ie Portugal, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark... The figures certainly seem to be on the rise which isn't good news. Any hope that easing of lockdown won't eventually take its toll is drifting by the day. Some of the countries had started so well it seemed, and appeared to have gotten away with their easing unscathed but its all starting to head in the wrong direction.

We can't stay locked down forever so that isn't the answer but the question is where the fuck do we go from here? Enjoy ourselves whilst the figures are at the lower end in the realisation that they'll soon head upwards again when liberties will be restricted? Until a vaccine comes, even when one might not ever come?

The Beta also gives data on tests by type. The ones today show as

Daily NHS and PHE testing 42153

Daily Commercial partner testing 67736

Daily antibody testing 36438

Daily surveillance testing 19338

In the recent days when sub 1000 new cases were found the bigger number of tests carried out then mostly seemed to be made from large rises on the commercial partner and the daily surveillance testing shown above for today.

If that means anything to someone.

With the antibody testing does that count towards a current case on the daily numbers if it comes back positive?

Are we seeing a second spike from the BLM protests or beachgoers as of yet? I'd expect to see quite a heavy rise in cases, especially in Manchester and London, but it's hardly spiked? It's making me think a lot of the fear-mongering has been unwarranted, or am I missing something?

Are we seeing a second spike from the BLM protests or beachgoers as of yet? I'd expect to see quite a heavy rise in cases, especially in Manchester and London, but it's hardly spiked? It's making me think a lot of the fear-mongering has been unwarranted, or am I missing something?
You’re clearly missing the fear!?

;-)

There's certainly fear mongering abounds with regards to the beachgoers. Mass hysteria driven by the MSM.

The only big indicator that we should care about is the hospital figures.

At the moment there are around 250 admissions a day for the entire country compared to over 3000 a day in April. You could argue then that the virus prevalence has reduced by 90+%.

That means the risk from large gatherings is small although indeed might cause spread but it's unlikely to go further due to the social distancing rules outside of those gatherings. A second wave can only happen when there is exponential spread in communities and that's just impossible with the rules in place at the moment.

Someone catching the virus at those gatherings is very unlikely to spread it to someone else.

We are at a stage now where the virus is close to non-existant in the vast majority of communities. The entirety of Lancashire where I live reported just 39 new cases yesterday.

The only big indicator that we should care about is the hospital figures.

At the moment there are around 250 admissions a day for the entire country compared to over 3000 a day in April. You could argue then that the virus prevalence has reduced by 90+%.

That means the risk from large gatherings is small although indeed might cause spread but it's unlikely to go further due to the social distancing rules outside of those gatherings. A second wave can only happen when there is exponential spread in communities and that's just impossible with the rules in place at the moment.

Someone catching the virus at those gatherings is very unlikely to spread it to someone else.

We are at a stage now where the virus is close to non-existant in the vast majority of communities. The entirety of Lancashire where I live reported just 39 new cases yesterday.

very well put. The litmus test will be when ‘normality’ as fully restored. Whether vaccines, herd immunity, virus weakened considerably, the T cells combatant comes into play I’m guessing no one really knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.