Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored a fantastic goal last week but defensively he’s no better than any of our current options at left back.

We should be trying to involve Davies or Alaba in the prospective deal with Bayern for Sane.

no chance on davies and alaba seems to have turned down coming to england.

I think the obsession with luxurious fullbacks needs to stop. I think they just need a fullback that loves to defend, a warrior of a fullback. But of course one who has good control when in possession of a football. He doesn't need to be flashy going foward. Just simple control, and pass it on.

I think chilwell is a good fullback who pep could make better
He’s young comfortable on the back and can go outside or inside
As usual it’s just the English over the top fee that’s the issue
I would try to throw in stones mendy or zinchenko
Paying over the odds isn’t great but we are so desperate for a left back and centre back we probably just have to bite the bullet
He could do the job for 6 years

Angelino is nowhere near good enough. He is yet to stop a cross during his entire career with City or Red Bull.

Apart from Mendy, never seen a left-back who invites the cross as much as Angelino.

I haven’t watched him in Germany but Red Bull play with a back 3. Question marks about his defensive ability but who else is there. Just don’t tell me Chilwell is the answer. Maybe would be worth a gamble at £20m given he’s also homegrown but the fee being quoted for him is a joke.

All credit to Mahrez for ripping him apart but that wasn’t the only time Chilwell has been exposed as a weakling in Leicester’s defence. He has as much pace as Zinchenko and would be consistently torn apart by anyone who can outrun him. He is not even better in attack than Mendy. Chilwell simply does not tick the boxes for what we would need in a LB. I haven’t even mentioned his price tag.
The most overrated player in the league for me. Consistently garbage.

He's no better than Mendy.

Who are the best left backs in the world right now? We just need to start with the best and go down that list to the best who would be available and buy them. Cost, personality, nationality all irrelevant, just get the best available. Pretty sure Chilwell isn't very near the top of that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.