Running thread

Yes mate, you need to mix it up a bit otherwise you won’t improve, longer short run, medium length runs at say 75% -80% effort and a flat out one every so often, normally that’s be Park run or an actual event for me but obviously they’re all cancelled currently so it’s hard to get out and do that.
I normally run 3-4 times a week, Monday is a slowish run, Wednesday a bit more intensive, if I’m doing park run it’s flat out on a Saturday then Sunday is a LSR.
@Stuuuuuu can offer more advice, he’s the Bluemoon expert,

I think it’s Brendan Foster personally with him living up that neck of the woods.....
Cheers for the advice .. i will try to mix up the weekend runs a bit. Will try slower pace Monday 3-4 miles / 5 miles on Wed/Thurs a bit quicker pace. Then either give my all at park run when they are back or distance run at weekend 8-10 miles try and alternate these each weekend. Would like to get a half marathon in next year. I did the Warrington park run route this morning 25.30 a bit slower than I would of liked but I had ran last night as well.

Cheers for the advice .. i will try to mix up the weekend runs a bit. Will try slower pace Monday 3-4 miles / 5 miles on Wed/Thurs a bit quicker pace. Then either give my all at park run when they are back or distance run at weekend 8-10 miles try and alternate these each weekend. Would like to get a half marathon in next year. I did the Warrington park run route this morning 25.30 a bit slower than I would of liked but I had ran last night as well.

Wheres the Warrington route mate?

I'm not far from there.

I’ve got into running this last 3 years. Just after a bit of advice I’m currently running 3 to 4 miles 3 times a week.i usually try to run these pretty much full pace so I’m at 8.15-8.30 per mile.
Would it benefit me to make one of the runs an easier/slower run? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Further to other advice you could also include a longer run over hills/trails/rough terrain for variety every week or so? You won't be able to achieve full pace!

I’ve got into running this last 3 years. Just after a bit of advice I’m currently running 3 to 4 miles 3 times a week.i usually try to run these pretty much full pace so I’m at 8.15-8.30 per mile.
Would it benefit me to make one of the runs an easier/slower run? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
I agree with everyone else - you will improve by doing around 80% of your weekly mileage at a slow, comfortable 'conversational' pace, especially if you take advantage of the easier effort to up your mileage.

I agree with everyone else - you will improve by doing around 80% of your weekly mileage at a slow, comfortable 'conversational' pace, especially if you take advantage of the easier effort to up your mileage.
Only this!! Can vouch for the 80/20 method, im currently averaging 100km a week taking it slow and steady for 80% of my runs, my recovery times have gone right down, amd my times are getting quicker without even noticing any major extra effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.