SFF authors getting outed for bad behaviour

I think we can all agree it is common practice lately by the left and the right. Barack Obama did it, the darling of the American Left, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is also quite practiced in that art. And we can't forget the Clinton's. While Hillary does it often, I would say her Bill is far her superior. I have heard him basically called the King of Gaslighting.

America dosn't have a left, well not in the way we percieve it

Seems a number of prominent names in the Science Fiction & Fantasy genre are being named and shamed for, at the very least, inappropriate behaviour including racism, abuse, gaslighting and sexual coercion. Stated with Paul Kreuger and quickly moved on to Myke Cole, Sam Sykes and Warren Ellis. Other names are now getting dragged into the affair now including the husband and wife pair of Scott Lynch and Elizabeth Bear.

Some of these folks are getting dropped b their publishers like the proverbial hot potato with ongoing projects cancelled with immediate effect. Might have to thin my own library out a little bit when the fallout stops.

More on the goings on can be read here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/genre-grapevine-38610062

As for the authors, none are exactly up there as great sci-fi scribes tbf and wouldn't know them if not for this thread

gallery
s-l400.jpg

As for the authors, none are exactly up there as great sci-fi scribes tbf and wouldn't know them if not for this thread

True enough, I had to look one of the names up myself though Warren Ellis is a huge name in the comic book industry having worked extensively for the big two of DC & Marvel including working on X-Men, Batman, Thor etc. Also has some notable original work such as Transmetropolitan, Planetary and The Authority. He and Scott Lynch are the only two of the names I mentioned that I own physical copies of works by.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.