City to give Liverpool guard of honour

A bit of an aside here, but which Liverpool players would you have in this City team?. Nailed on both Alexander Arnold and Robertson, streets ahead of any of ours, none of their midfielders, I think ours is better, then Salah and Mane up front.. oh yeah forgot Van Dijk, so five in total.
Personally, none of them

A bit of an aside here, but which Liverpool players would you have in this City team?. Nailed on both Alexander Arnold and Robertson, streets ahead of any of ours, none of their midfielders, I think ours is better, then Salah and Mane up front.. oh yeah forgot Van Dijk, so five in total.

I'd say that's about right, a younger Walker would make the right back spot his though for me.

No biggie the guard of honour, would be really childish not to.

Playing the way we do I'm not sure if Alexander-Arnold would replace Walker at all. Robertson would be a yes simply because we don't appear to have a left back. Van Dijk alongside a fit Laporte? Definitely.

Bernardo instead of Salah for me, Bernardo hasn't had a good second half of the season but then neither has Salah. Mane would get in at least in part due to Sane s injury as we have no idea if he'd still have been here and whether he'd have had a decent season.

So 2, maybe 3.

Pep is not stupid
This guard should be the kick up the arse needed to win n it back next year
A bit of shame and a bit of pain
To lose is fine but the manner we defended it this year has been awful

I think their players are to far gone in the hype of liverpool, to be able to play for a team like us that gets screwed over VAR, refs etc. Their players have got use to playing with VAR instead of against VAR. Van Dijk would he be as good without the 3 defensive midfielders in front of him. Robertson would be sent off every time he pushed someone into the advertising boards for us. Salah and Mane would get booked for every dive they did if playing for us, plus I wouldnt want a player who dives playing for us anyway. Plus Van Dijk, Robertson, TAA would all need lots of training into passing the ball out from the back and not to kick it long ever time ;)

Funnily enough I dont mind Henderson !

Last edited:
The only thing that bugs me is that our players will be forced to clap and show respect to Andy fucking Robertson, believe me, that respect and fair play won't be reciprocated once the match starts.

Robertson and TAA would get skinned alive in our system. Both great going forward but offer very little defensively, particularly TAA. They are system players, as are a lot of their other players (all of their workhorse midfielders and Firmino).

Mane and Van Dijk are the only ones I’d take but even then I don’t think Van Dijk’s style would suit our system. He wouldn’t look as good in our team as he does in theirs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.