UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually read rather than post. Like most blues i swing from optimism to despair and what worries me is this. If our evidence of no wrongdoing is irrefutable how can things have got this far?

I can only hope that the UEFA investigation was so rushed that there was not time to consider properly the dossier of which we are told. So at the UEFA AC they did not have the jurisdiction to evaluate the IC other than on the basis of the evidence which the IC actually considered before the imposition of the ban - a cop out in a way.

As a retired legal person I have seen cases where, however meritorious an argument may be, if it has not been raised in the paperwork within the rules of the court, time limits etc., prior to trial, then the judge may not take such evidence into account in the decision. As CAS can look at evidence not necessarily considered by the UEFA appeal panel there are grounds for cautious optimism that at the very least we will get a full and fair hearing.

I emphasise this is pure speculation on my part but if our evidence is indeed irrefutable, then justice should eventually prevail.

On the “corruption” that exists unless there is an explanation along the above lines then some eminent lawyers advising UEFA are taking a hell of a risk with their reputation if UEFA are acting in bad faith

I usually read rather than post. Like most blues i swing from optimism to despair and what worries me is this. If our evidence of no wrongdoing is irrefutable how can things have got this far?

I can only hope that the UEFA investigation was so rushed that there was not time to consider properly the dossier of which we are told. So at the UEFA AC they did not have the jurisdiction to evaluate the IC other than on the basis of the evidence which the IC actually considered before the imposition of the ban - a cop out in a way.

As a retired legal person I have seen cases where, however meritorious an argument may be, if it has not been raised in the paperwork within the rules of the court, time limits etc., prior to trial, then the judge may not take such evidence into account in the decision. As CAS can look at evidence not necessarily considered by the UEFA appeal panel there are grounds for cautious optimism that at the very least we will get a full and fair hearing.

I emphasise this is pure speculation on my part but if our evidence is indeed irrefutable, then justice should eventually prevail.

On the “corruption” that exists unless there is an explanation along the above lines then some eminent lawyers advising UEFA are taking a hell of a risk with their reputation if UEFA are acting in bad faith
And if it wasn't as irrefutable as City claim, then why wouldn't we have taken whatever the deal was on offer at the time. City have some of the smartest people going working for them. We obviously either disagree with UEFA s interpretation of our evidence or they've just decided to ignore it.

Then why was the Jesus goal chalked off against the same team in the Premier League?

You mean the one disallowed for a touch on Laporte's arm? Because it was a different competition, under different rules. It's apples and pears in comparison.

If all goals brushing an arm in the PL this season were disallowed, that would be fine - however the ref/VAR outfit can't even do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.