Wearing the shirt !

I don’t like the English view that adults shouldn’t wear them. Go to the football, show your colours and stop taking yourself too seriously.

I went to watch Dortmund a couple of years ago on a gloriously sunny Saturday afternoon and almost all of them were in yellow home shirts (of all eras) or black away shirts. It looked incredible inside the stadium with 80,000 wearing colours.

Remember the semi against United at Wembley when the full end seemed to be sky blue? Again, it looked amazing.
Before I read your post, I would have said 30, (I’m 52 now). That was about the age I was when I last bought a shirt. The only thing I would say if you are going to get a replica shirt beyond 30. Just get your own name or a witty message. I’m 6 foot, 17 stone, having Aguero on my shirt is plain silly. I’m not saying you have to be a lookalike.

Before I read your post, I would have said 30, (I’m 52 now). That was about the age I was when I last bought a shirt. The only thing I would say if you are going to get a replica shirt beyond 30. Just get your own name or a witty message. I’m 6 foot, 17 stone, having Aguero on my shirt is plain silly. I’m not saying you have to be a lookalike.
Oh I agree, names are a bit much. Just a nice sky blue or your favourite away to wear to the match, no problem. I just don’t like the “too cool” attitude.

i'm 55 and i normally always wear summert city or if not at least blue
i couldn't care what anyone thinks or says
up the blues

From way back in the 1960`s when we first donned the famous red.black striped shirt,which was my first ever City shirt to even now at the good old age of 69 I wear them.
However I will not be purchasing any of next seasons ones, as they should be in a shopping catalogue under "holiday wear for Bermuda".
More like holiday wear for Brenda

Haven't bought a new shirt for a while. The old shirts I do have I will wear for bed or for lounging in. Hats, t shirts or sweatshirts is what I tend to buy now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.