Kalidou Koulibaly

After winning his first 43 of 50 Premier League games with John Stones or Otamendi as his main partners,

He now needs a "world class" CB partner so we can challenge for the Premier League again.

Eric Garcia meanwhile will be happy to sit as 3rd choice while Laporte's new world class partner delivers us 3 to 4 years of top level performance.

But oh dear god are we failing our academy & Phil Foden if we bring in someone to replace David Silva.

There's a big difference between Garcia being third choice CB and Foden potentially being 5th choice CM behind KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan and Aouar, pushing him to play in other positions like LW where he isnt as good.

I think even Garcia will consider himself deluded if he thinks he's going to take the mantle as a starting CB at 19 years old in one of the best squads in football. Even as a 4th choice he would get plenty of game time, if he enters next season as our 3rd choice he's laughing.

Foden has had Pep gushing over him for two seasons saying he's the heir to Silva. Going out and buying another player to play in his position when we already have multiple other options (and other academy talents ready to take up a back up role) would be so ridiculous after all the things Pep's said about him.

Just two questions:
1. Are you suggesting we are now interested in signing him?

2. Wouldn’t Aouar be replacing Silva?
1. No

2. Yes

You cannot rotate Centre-Backs like you do Midfielders or Forwards.

This is a fundamental signing for us.
He is probably the in the top 5 central defenders in the world and the nearest I’ve seen to VK to date in the way he bullies strikers. He is a natural leader.
We didn’t sign VVD and certainly cannot afford to pass over the opportunity of missing out again.
I think the dippers interest is probably a smokescreen to inflate his market value but if he did end up joining them it wouldn’t be good for the rest of us.
Please get your cheque book out and sign him Txiki!

Garcia will get plenty of games but he’s not yet good enough to be first choice and probably won’t be for a couple of years.
What is he not good enough at yet? I think most posters say stuff like that because of his age, when he plays with far more maturity than some defenders who are 29/30. He can still improve like anyone but to say he's not good enough to be first choice for a couple of years is complete bollocks in my opinion.

There's a big difference between Garcia being third choice CB and Foden potentially being 5th choice CM behind KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan and Aouar, pushing him to play in other positions like LW where he isnt as good.

I think even Garcia will consider himself deluded if he thinks he's going to take the mantle as a starting CB at 19 years old in one of the best squads in football. Even as a 4th choice he would get plenty of game time, if he enters next season as our 3rd choice he's laughing.

Foden has had Pep gushing over him for two seasons saying he's the heir to Silva. Going out and buying another player to play in his position when we already have multiple other options (and other academy talents ready to take up a back up role) would be so ridiculous after all the things Pep's said about him.
Most posters were wanking themselves into a cross-eyed abyss last summer in the hope we would sign De Ligt. The stand out traits to Garcia's game are his ability to read play, sniff out danger early and communication; all those which would usually be aimed at younger players to improve upon, especially defenders.

Last edited:
Most posters were wanking themselves into a cross-eyed abyss last summer in the hope we would sign De Ligt. The stand out traits to Garcia's game are his ability to read play, sniff out danger early and communication; all those which would usually be aimed at younger players to improve upon, especially defenders.

De Ligt has been incredible since the turn of the year.

Almost like he's a world class defender who just needed a couple of months to get used to a new country/league/coach.

No way it will be anywhere close to €90m imo. We definitely need Koulibaly though! Hope we get him ASAP!

Some journalist on twitter is claiming its €72 mill up front with €15 mill in possible add ons and his medical will be next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.