The Helmet Rides Again - free fanzine download (page 5)

FFS I was going to try and sell some second hand city clobber and unrelated bedsheets on this thread, but it's just an old school fanzine.

Great read. Thanks to Noel and the lads. It was me you were talking to in the Crown and Kettle after a game when you discussed the possibility of a summer publication. So glad you did it.

Reactions: BTH
The first time I bought a copy of EB I was at home after the match, i remember reading FRANK, FEARLESS, FREE and thought who’s this Frank Fearless? In fairness ide probably had a few sherbets and we’d probably been beat as was usual in them days. Before the internet the Fanzines gave us a voice we just never had, they became much more relevant than the match programme.

Thanks lads in these days of media USA owned red wank fest.
It's great to have a good read and a laugh,even at ourselves which is missing at so may levels in our great game.

Was flattered to be asked to contribute this and was happy to do so. Having now seen the rest of the pieces submitted, think it's well worth people's time and attention, especially given that it'll cost you nowt.

Downloaded and looking forward to reading next week I have a few of the originals knocking about somewhere in the house.

I loved the 'Zine but I remember one time walking round the back of the North Stand and buying a copy off Noel, I handed over my hard earned pound and walked off towards the Kippax, as I did so I glanced down at the cover. I suddenly realised it was the same issue as I had bought a week or so earlier so I went back and asked for my money back. I have NEVER seen anyone look so pissed off as we swapped the fanzine for the pound. ;-)

Great read then and a great read now, loved the download version which I did all by myself !

The first time I bought a copy of EB I was at home after the match, i remember reading FRANK, FEARLESS, FREE and thought who’s this Frank Fearless? In fairness ide probably had a few sherbets and we’d probably been beat as was usual in them days. Before the internet the Fanzines gave us a voice we just never had, they became much more relevant than the match programme.
I bought the first issue of Blueprint at Plymouth on the day we led 2-0 at halftime and ended up losing 2-3. I think I still have all but issues 2 and 3.

I loved Blueprint and couldn’t wait for the newest one to arrive. It was t the first connection I’d had to match-going City supporters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.