Holiday advice

We are looking at doing a day trip to Alhambra as well this time. Have you been, and is it worth it? I love history and am aware Katherine of Aragon had connections to it; just wondering if it's good value.
And have a great holiday ;-)
Funnily enough, we had Granada booked for a 1 night mini break this year.
We have cancelled that one for now but it’s supposed to be magnificent.

We are looking at doing a day trip to Alhambra as well this time. Have you been, and is it worth it? I love history and am aware Katherine of Aragon had connections to it; just wondering if it's good value.
Yea we went to Alhambra one year , we loved it , amazing place . Make sure you book or get there really really early and queue up .

Be interesting to see what bars & restaurants Are open . A lot of the tapas bars have outside seating but I love being inside the busy bar at lunch time we all the locals . Places like La Puntilla & Puguilla will lose its appeal if you can’t prop the bar up .
Hopefully, I will let you know.

We went a couple of times around 2009/2010 & probably would have gone again but the prices went crazy so we found somewhere similar in Rhodes at much better value. . Stayed 35 mins walk from the centre in a Hotel called Pelagos Bay or something similar, had it's own private beach across the road, was a nice pretty quiet place and if still there there's a Taverna which is a 'ship' called Captain or similar halfway between our hotel & the village...I'd recommend for the experience although the food was great when we went.
Thanks
yes been googling and that’s still there

We have been going out to Nerja for nigh on 20 years now and we are lucky as Mrs Balls parents have a big share in an apartment over there.
We were due out on the 11th July flying with Jet 2 but we were cancelled as they do not resume until the 15th.
We have weighed it all up and have this morning booked Ryan Air to Malaga for a week on Friday. Obviously we are a little bit at risk here but they are offering free rebooking ( November is another option we have) and fingers crossed we get the government green light this week.
Demand is there and the last thing we wanted to do was to miss out in the clamour to get away once this hopefully becomes official.

Nerja feels like home to us and fingers crossed we will be there next week.

I always said I wouldnt go to the same place more than twice but a bit like yourself I have been going to Nerja regularly more or less every year since 2008 - including a couple of times for new years eve - at one point we were seriously thinking of buying a place and retiring there but to be honest what I like and what I can afford are miles apart

we are due to go 25th July for 3 weeks and as of this minute its looking reasonably good - hopefully you should get away ok

I always said I wouldnt go to the same place more than twice but a bit like yourself I have been going to Nerja regularly more or less every year since 2008 - including a couple of times for new years eve - at one point we were seriously thinking of buying a place and retiring there but to be honest what I like and what I can afford are miles apart

we are due to go 25th July for 3 weeks and as of this minute its looking reasonably good - hopefully you should get away ok
Cheers fella.

We are up on Oasis De Capistrano which , if you know it , is on the road towards Maro.
The views are wonderful and we keep fit by doing lots of walking.

The family own 16 of the 52 weeks and we are looking forward to spending more time there over the next 10 - 15 years and maybe even remote office working Andalucian style.

fingers and toes crossed.

Alhambra is amazing but massive. Book your ticket in advance, and turn up at your allotted time, saves queuing on the day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.