Goalkeeper

WRicko get over it Steffan is a good keeper but do you honestly think City would put him in because his wages are cheaper than Edersons ? There may have been a time in City's past where that kind of thinking happened but not now!
Ederson is redefining goalkeeping as we know it, and any keeper that wants his position will have to be better than he is, not nearly as good, not as good, but better simple as that .

I have not seen a better keeper at distribution than Ederson, but for an "ideal keeper" he's a little on the small size for me, (some shots he can't physically reach), he also has charged out of his area a number of times chancing a red card which could cost us. I am very happy with Ederson ATM but we shouldn't stop looking for an even better keeper.

WRicko get over it Steffan is a good keeper but do you honestly think City would put him in because his wages are cheaper than Edersons ? There may have been a time in City's past where that kind of thinking happened but not now!
Ederson is redefining goalkeeping as we know it, and any keeper that wants his position will have to be better than he is, not nearly as good, not as good, but better simple as that .

Read what I have been saying properly before complete miss representing what I have said.

Let me restate it Steffen is very similar to Edderson not that I have seen much of him but over 12 months younger and no doubt on significantly less wages also looks to be improving very quickly.

He defiantly passes like him perhaps not yet as good. I have seen him come out in much the same way as Edderson perhaps not as aggressive but also means he does not nearly break his team mates neck or get sent off. Cannot really compare ability to command the area because we control games so don’t face too many crosses but I don’t think it’s Eddersons strength not really able to compare shot stopping ability because he faces a lot more shots than Edderson and the shots are very different but on paper he looks a lot better than Edderson.

Based on the limited amount of what I have seen I think City will be caught in two minds between keeping and loaning him. We are going to loose two back up keepers so we will need him However we will want to keep and develop him loaning out would work better.

My guess is he won’t want to be a cup goalie. Will go on loan for 12 months then it will be him or Edderson for no1

My point linked to wages was he does not have to be better than Edderson Just equal to we don’t do favorites just best. If you where Tixi and in a years time had two goalies of equally ability neither of which would sit on the bench who would you keep and who would you sell the younger goalie on cheaper wages or the older goalie on bigger wages (no brainer).

Based on limited knowledge my bet is in 12 months after a loan he is level with Edderson and Edderson goes and he stays

can see a flaw here.

Not really this forum is full of people with limited knowledge even those with more knowledge are probably not that knowledgeable it’s not really
possible to carry out a normal life and watch City plus all the players we talk about on here in great detail at least I am honest about my knowledge and at least I don’t state with absolute certainty that Edderson will always be number one

You keep on repeating this. Could you please explain to us what exactly that has to do with anything at all?
Thanks.
Not a lot but he does have a point that unless something changes we could be going to Lisbon (fingers crossed) with no back up keeper.

Not a lot but he does have a point that unless something changes we could be going to Lisbon (fingers crossed) with no back up keeper.

Bravo and Carson have extensions until after the CL. No worries there.

You keep on repeating this. Could you please explain to us what exactly that has to do with anything at all?
Thanks.

Why should I repeat myself ? Why not read what I have put? But for at least the third time if the club has two goalies of equally quality and neither will sit on the bench for the other. Who is the club going to keep and who are they going to sell the younger goalie on less money or the older goalie on more money ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.