Newcastle (A) Post-Match Thread

Since the restart, I have been thoroughly impressed with Silva (D). Some of his finest football imo. Whilst I have no doubts in Foden, I fear losing David could be up there with Kompany.

Good win but the lapses in concentration and brain farts from the back line are very concerning. Otamendi is an absolute idiot and a shocking defender, Stones seems mentally shot and Mendy defensively is also a worry.
Sadly that's why we have little chance in the champions league.
Mendy looks like hes lost his confidence looks scared to death and even the simple things are becoming difficult for him.Needs a spell out of the team.

Mendy looks like hes lost his confidence looks scared to death and even the simple tjinhs are becoming difficult for him.Needs a spell out of the team.

He was better today going forward but his crossing is woeful.
We haven't had a decent left back for years.

Kevin De Bruyne: "We started really well. Really sharp at the beginning, putting them under pressure. We didn't give anything away, except for one chance. We should've scored more, but we played really well."

"The coach asked me to do something different because Newcastle played five at the back. My job was to help my team and give them good positions, they'll do the rest." [via
@BBCSport

Pep
"Fantastic goal from Raheem. The penalty, I didn't see. Gabriel [Jesus] could've headed the ball and I think the opponent pushed him. Kevin [De Bruyne] now takes responsibility [for penalties]. He has a confident personality. That is important."

Pep Guardiola: "We are in the semi-final. It was not easy to attack against defenders so, so deep. A solid performance. We're back in London, going to Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.