Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was better today than the other day. Some dangerous crosses but why players don’t anticipate these better I don’t know. He either lashes low or lashes it high. He has no other way of crossing and we don’t seem to have the players to exploit this.

Completely useless. No one will even dream of buying him either with his wages so we’re stuck with him unfortunately.

give the ball away about 10 times in that first half under no pressure whatsoever, it was like watching a Sunday league pub player trying to pass it while he’s still half cut from the night before. Near the end on the touch line someone passed it to him and he tried to control it and it bounced up higher than his full body.

new left back is top priority along with a CB for next season.

He was
Completely useless. No one will even dream of buying him either with his wages so we’re stuck with him unfortunately.

give the ball away about 10 times in that first half under no pressure whatsoever, it was like watching a Sunday league pub player trying to pass it while he’s still half cut from the night before. Near the end on the touch line someone passed it to him and he tried to control it and it bounced up higher than his full body.

new left back is top priority along with a CB for next season.
Was okay today, will still be with us next season and will play regularly rotated with a new left back.

Once again defensively secure. It's the best he's looked going forwards in a while. Once we went two up he looked especially good.

He did well to bounce back from Thursday.

Once again defensively secure. It's the best he's looked going forwards in a while. Once we went two up he looked especially good.

He did well to bounce back from Thursday.

I kind of a few but he can’t judge a high ball and the ball looks like a hot potatoe at times. Maybe he needs more game time but he doesn’t look assured, now look at Foden totally assured as player that’s the difference but yeah not much got passed him but there wasn’t much to he passed him.

I can't quite understand the harshness here. I thought he had a decent game. His crosses were coming in steadfast, he worked hard and looked defensively sound. He at times looks a bit awkward compared to some of the other guys, but i certainly wouldn't say he was poor.

That first half from him was dreadful, every time he touched the ball, it was misplaced or mistimed and it was a huge release of pressure for Newcastle. If the other 10 players hadn't have masked his performance I think plenty would be arguing it's time to replace him at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.