UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m concerned that there will be a huge groundswell of opinion to expel us immediately and forfeit the tie, in the event of CAS upholding UEFA’svverdict.

Lets see what the outcome is first. Probably, there might be if we don't get cleared. I don't think there is any mechanism, and it would be too messy.

If CAS uphold the kangaroo court decision I doubt they will expel us from this seasons competition. They explicitly stated we could continue in this seasons competition probably because it would be less damaging for us to only be kicked out for another year.

If CAS uphold the kangaroo court decision I doubt they will expel us from this seasons competition. They explicitly stated we could continue in this seasons competition probably because it would be less damaging for us to only be kicked out for another year.

Yeah it would be illegal, wouldn't stop some twats stirring the shit though.

So it is confirmed, albeit on hearsay evidence only, that a deal was offered. If the offer was another fine then City must be certain, hopefully after considered legal advice, that their evidence is irrefutable otherwise our lawyers would have urged acceptance so I feel a bit more confident (for now anyway) but I still wonder on what basis and or legal advice advice, UEFA felt entitled to impose such a harsh penalty. Whether they admit it or not, they must have had a good idea then of what City’s evidence was, but nevertheless still found City in breach and imposed a 2 year ban. There may or may not have been pressure from G14 or whatever it is, but no amount of political pressure should influence a legal advisor although having said that, who knows when there are millions at stake, or maybe UEFA ignored legal advice.
It does make you think there are layers to this that go beyond what is in the public domain.
It could be just simply that the IC were running desperately short of time before having to pass it on to the AC. (5 years nearly up). The evidence, had City been allowed to present it then, may have taken UEFA over the 5 year time limit. Like most posts at the moment it is a lot of guesswork and hope, but we will soon know anyway. I am confident and the rope and beam are locked away safely.

Last edited:
There is no basis to this. This is just the conspiracy theories gone wild.

The claim was there would be calls for that to happen. That isn't tlreally a conspiracy theory, just a presumption. Based on what wev seen so far, I can see that, i was just pointing out that i don't think they can come to anything.

The claim was there would be calls for that to happen. That isn't tlreally a conspiracy theory, just a presumption. Based on what wev seen so far, I can see that, i was just pointing out that i don't think they can come to anything.
I was agreeing with you and saying there was no basis to think any current year consequences could arise.

So it is confirmed, albeit on hearsay evidence only, that a deal was offered. If the offer was another fine then City must be certain, hopefully after considered legal advice, that their evidence is irrefutable otherwise our lawyers would have urged acceptance so I feel a bit more confident (for now anyway) but I still wonder on what basis and or legal advice advice, UEFA felt entitled to impose such a harsh penalty. Whether they admit it or not, they must have had a good idea then of what City’s evidence was, but nevertheless still found City in breach and imposed a 2 year ban. There may or may not have been pressure from G14 or whatever it is, but no amount of political pressure should influence a legal advisor although having said that, who knows when there are millions at stake, or maybe UEFA ignored legal advice.
It does make you think there are layers to this that go beyond what is in the public domain.

That’s what is niggling away at me. I trust the club and believe we will be exonerated but I cannot get my head around UEFA pursuing this without taking the advice of top lawyers...

That’s what is niggling away at me. I trust the club and believe we will be exonerated but I cannot get my head around UEFA pursuing this without taking the advice of top lawyers...
I can't help thinking that the sh*tstorm that City are allegedly holding back is involved in some way. Perhaps it involves UEFA (or some part of it) and (some of) the cartel clubs, they know we're going to release it regardless so they're trying to do as much damage as possible before they all have to face the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.