Lennon or McCartney

Lennon or McCartney

• Total voters
McCartney has been rightly pilloried for his post beatle nonsense with that idiot playing tambourine in the band to make sure he didn't shag anyone. Lennon was just as shite post beatles, but he got away with by being a bit more arty-farty, and of course being dead has helped him. How with nearly every girl in the world throwing themselves at them in the late 60'sthey ended up with those two fucking clowns I'll never know - probably drugs.

Did Clapton ‘steal’ his wife?

Yep. A shitty thing to do but at least we got 'Layla' out of it.

Clapton and Harrison were still great friends after Clapton and Boyd got married - Harrison used to call Clapton his Husband-in-law.

By all accounts Harrison and Boyd had a pretty loveless marriage by the end and he'd been cheating on her quite prolifically - including with Maureen Starkey - and everyone had known Clapton was head over heels for Patti for years.

She inspired some seriously good songs - not just Layla but Something and If I needed someone as well.

True story:-

When Paul McCartney was asked to play in Liverpool for the city of culture giggs there was a meeting between him and the leader of the Council. McCartney demanded £8m up front. Council bloke was like WTF - this is a non profit event celebrating the city. PM says last time i did something for the city council i wasn't paid my £5k appearance fee and it still owed, so i'm not doing this until I get my current fee paid up front. There was a massive row and PM did not back down and got his money. Everyone else performed for free or with costs covered by the event.

George certainly came into his own in the later years (and he famously got fed up with not getting more of his songs onto the Beatles’ later albums - with no little justification in the case of ‘Sour Milk Sea’, which was demo’d for the White Album, and ‘All things must pass’, which was demo’d for Let It Be) and funnily enough I probably regularly play more of his songs on the guitar (including all the ones you name above) than I do Lennon & McCartney numbers. You can certainly make a case for Something being the best song on Abbey Road, but I think you’re stretching it with ‘If I needed someone’ and ‘Taxman’, given that ‘In my life’ and ‘Tomorrow never knows’ are on Rubber Soul and Revolver respectively, IMO
I'm a bit squiffy on George.
He got 4 songs on the white album, 2 on Let it Be and 1on Pepper. Out of those 7 the only one I really like is While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

They didn't write many 50/50 songs.

They were still writing with each other in mind when part of the band, and they influenced the songs that each other brought to the studio.

When they were on their own they didn't do that and both lost the balance that made the Beatles songs so superb.

True story:-

When Paul McCartney was asked to play in Liverpool for the city of culture giggs there was a meeting between him and the leader of the Council. McCartney demanded £8m up front. Council bloke was like WTF - this is a non profit event celebrating the city. PM says last time i did something for the city council i wasn't paid my £5k appearance fee and it still owed, so i'm not doing this until I get my current fee paid up front. There was a massive row and PM did not back down and got his money. Everyone else performed for free or with costs covered by the event.

It wasn't a charity gig, I don't know why he'd perform to 50,000 people for free so the council could make bank off it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.