Kalidou Koulibaly

Didn’t @93.20blue mention that we were working on a deal for Ake a while back?

yep , Ake is the back up centre back Option The club have always been after to Laporte / Dias or koulibaly . A much bigger improvement to stones / Otamendi, with Garcia also being 4th choice. We play about 60 games a season , so would all get game time , pep loves rotation .
Didn’t @93.20blue mention that we were working on a deal for Ake a while back?

I can see us doing both Ake and Koulibaly.

It definitely sounds like we’ve got two defensive roles we want filling this summer - a right footed CB to come straight in and partner Laporte, and a left footed CB who can also cover LB - back up to Laporte and rotation with Mendy.

Clearly Koulibaly is the no 1 target for the first position - and he’d be perfect to own the role for 2/3 years, whilst we bring Garcia through.

It sounds like we’d love Alaba for the second position, but he really doesn’t fancy it, so Ake is a very good option if we can’t convince our primary target - clearly not as exciting, but for our need he’d be a great addition to the squad.

Koulibaly and Ake for Stones and Otamendi would be sensational business. Ake capable of playing at left back too and the option for five at the back is also there, especially with our full backs. Hopefully we can sign both.

We're giving Otamendi away on a free this summer, I'm almost sure of it. Just getting his wages off the books will be enough IMO.

think you are right on that one as well

Cant see anyone paying money (or significant money) for a player his age......

he doesn't, but he's HG, better than Stones and Otamendi and left footed so an apt back-up for Laporte and can play some squad matches.
Is he reaaaaally better than Stones or Otamendi, though? I see them all as similar-level players. Being left-footed is a thing, but it's not a massive thing brought to the table if he's not much better than what we've got. I look at left footed center halves on the left side and right footed players on the right side as like an icing on a cake and not a requirement. Granted, it's my humble opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.