Kalidou Koulibaly

Is he reaaaaally better than Stones or Otamendi, though? I see them all as similar-level players. Being left-footed is a thing, but it's not a massive thing brought to the table if he's not much better than what we've got. I look at left footed center halves on the left side and right footed players on the right side as like an icing on a cake and not a requirement. Granted, it's my humble opinion.

I think he has a better mentality than both, and I think he will be able to develop his ball-playing qualities under Pep as I think he has more potential to unlock. Not saying he'll ever be a world beater by any stretch but I think he has more in his locker in the right team.

Koulibaly and Ake for Stones and Otamendi would be sensational business. Ake capable of playing at left back too and the option for five at the back is also there, especially with our full backs. Hopefully we can sign both.

Five at the back? even if we were being attacked by Martians, pep would never play five at the back.

If Stones goes, i hope we get a decent fee for him and i hope he gets the recognition and gratitude he deserves. It may well be time for him to go but he has been a big part of both title wins and lots of cups. He's been a good servant and he's very well liked by his teammates, and I'll wish him well.

I don't think Ake would want to come as a back up player, while he's playing regular first team football at Bournemouth

We’re hijacking the thread talking about Ake, but while we’re at it: isn’t he short and is he not part of the reasons why Bournemouth might relegate?

We’re hijacking the thread talking about Ake, but while we’re at it: isn’t he short and is he not part of the reasons why Bournemouth might relegate?
The likes of Juninho, Di Canio, Keane even Kinkladze have been relegated to be fair.

At 25, if we were able to corner a deal with him and Bournemouth were to go down then especially for the price we could do a lot worse than him as a depth piece. Most notably Otamendi...

I don't think Ake would want to come as a back up player, while he's playing regular first team football at Bournemouth
Id imagine if this sort of rumour is out in the papers then somewhere is speaking, Txiki would have spoken with his agent before any sort of official move so Ake seemingly hasn't said no.

Ake will fancy his chances to get in the first team, I presume we move on Ota and Stones. He could very well play RCB or play in a 3 if we got Koulibaily as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.