Kalidou Koulibaly

I think defence at City is probably one of the hardest positions to play at the minute, so it's pretty tough to judge how someone will fit in, in our system & style. I'm pretty sure Ota & Stones (when fit) would look good playing in a much more defensive set up, it's a huge jump from playing in Bournemouth's defence to ours.

Andy Robertson was relegated with Hull... didn't turn out a bad but for Liverpool..

Yep - Liverpool have been very good at fleecing relegated teams for their best players, and as a consequence have picked up some decent players for very reasonable prices.

Leicester did it with Maguire too - and he ended up being flogged to the Rags as the World's most expensive defender last summer!

Ake would be a smart move, IMO, for the role we'd want him to play in our squad.

Fair enough. Hope we get some quality changes at the back. Really like to see some fresh, hungry faces back there.

Give us a speedy winger and two classy CBs, and I can be buried in peace. :)

I like the idea of Ake and Koulibaly, the Left/Right footed balance sorted. Ake for like 20-30m could be a steal. Koulibaly for 70/80 sorted. 100m on 2 CBs and whatever we recoup for Stones and Otamendi. Get a class forward and the title looks a helluva lot more likely next year

I like the idea of Ake and Koulibaly, the Left/Right footed balance sorted. Ake for like 20-30m could be a steal. Koulibaly for 70/80 sorted. 100m on 2 CBs and whatever we recoup for Stones and Otamendi. Get a class forward and the title looks a helluva lot more likely next year

aren’t they both left footed. While Koulibaly would be a great signing it really is unusual to see 2 left footed cbs play together. It would be strange to see him and Laporte as a pair.

before anyone says it doesn’t matter think about any teams which have or currently play with 2 left footed cbs. It’s one of those weird things in football, 2 right footers is fine but not lefties.

The only recent example I can think of is deschamps playing Umtiti and Lenglet (I think) together. Apart from that there isn’t anyone who comes to mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.